Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Daylight Savings only on 'Invites'

Hi Everyone

I live in Brisbane, Australia which does not have daylight savings time. My Blackberry understands this, most of the time. However, when I am invited to an event over Outlook, it displays in daylight savings time and I can't get it to stop. This is the only time I have noticed the error, however it's not that noticible so I may have missed it elsewhere.

I have tested the time and date, turned my phone on and off etc with no luck. I have also poured through the forums and Internet in general with no luck. Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks very much in advance!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Daylight Savings only on 'Invites'

Ok, I support Day Light Savings issues within Australia for blackberrys.

Thing I need to know first, is your blackberry connected to your companys Blackberry Enterprise Server??

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Great, the perfect person! Thanks

Yes, it is connected to my company's Enterprise Server. The company is also based entirely in Brisbane so hopefully no one else has this problem too.

Thanks bumblepie!

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

The have not patched the BES for DST.. Even though you are in Brisbane, it still needs to be done..

Talk to your blackberry Admin IT Dept..

If you have services with Telstra on the Bes.. Get them to call 1800 010 253 option 3 option 2..

They will be helped all the way through.. hours open at 6am-6pm Perth time.

I am going to assume running on BES, so give them www.blackberry.com/btsc/kb15058

then need to run patches/reg updates according to the latest from microsoft.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~