Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: tmobile

Dead Bold 9900/9930

[ Edited ]

Last summer I purchased a blackberry bold 9900 from tmobile. The phone was working perfect until last month, one morning I woke up and the phone was completely blank. The battery did not died as it was fully charged before I went to sleep. The red light was not even blinking, I got no signal whatsoever. I did some research only to learn that this was a common problem experienced with this model and the phone was not repairable. I then went and purchase a bold 9930 then sadly, a couple weeks later the same thing occurred but this time the red light was blinking intermittently but the phone was not powering on.  I then took both phones at  a local repairshop where they told me both phones have the same problem, the circuit board was bad. The phones never fell or anything so there was no possible cause for the internal damage, so again I did some more research and found out that this is usually a manufacturer's problem. What am I to do now.....with my 2 dead blackberry phones? Are there anywhere selling those circuit boards? p.s I reside in the Caribbean. I bought the phone when I was in vaca in nyc. soooo any suggest? can I send the phones back to rim for repair or something?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Dead Bold 9900/9930

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Taking the word of the repair shop you consulted, you are indeed the unlucky recipient of two apparently defective units...that is sad indeed. But, if you wish to seek support under your warranty (assuming you even have one), then you must seek that support from your original place of purchase (yes, I know they are in NYC...but that changes nothing). Perhaps if you contact them they can offer you guidance.

If you wish to pursue contacting BlackBerry directly, there is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................