Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: glo nigeria

Re: Dead Bold 9900 !!!

sorry wont fix d fone 

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Exact same thing has happened to mine. 6 weeks old direct from Orange. Put on charge overnight (as usual). Alarm didn't go off just a black screen and an intermittent red light blinking. Tried everything. Took to Orange shop - they didn't  have a clue, put me through to a technican and they are going to replace it BUT they don't have any in stock so I now have to wait . . .  took delivery of it the week RIM went haywire for a while. Not been a great start. Having said that, when it has worked I do love it.  

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: claro

Hey Blackberry has to do something with that model the bold 9900 sucks, it is a bad cell phone, they are selling trash! we have to change to a samsung or iphone they give a good warranty, I have the same problem but my blackberry bold is factory unlocked and there is no Blackberry support to get any warranty.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: orange

My 3rd one appears to be ok! My daughter is on her 2nd one! My carrier said that something has been done to the software and it "shouldn't" happen again! Even so, my hearts in my mouth if my battery dies unexpectedly!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Thank you, the delay from Orange  might (I am guessing) therefore be due to them getting new ones without any glitches (I live in hope!).

Contributor

I believ that to be the case. I'm with orange. When my daughters 1st handset went wrong they said they woukd replace it but they had stopped selling the 9900 because of battery problems. He then rechecked and said they had, in actual fact, had a new batch which had had some software update. Have to say Orange have been brilliant. Even gave me a personal email address if I have any further problems instead of ringing 150 (for possibly the 10th time) and going thru all those "press 1 for blah blah" options. Good luck x
Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

3rd blackberry that has died... how long will RIM keep quiet about this. there has to be someone who has to be held accountable.
Contributor

Did the battery die conpletely???
Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

the battery works. it shows full charge when i use it on the gf's 9900. but when i use another new fully charged battery in the dead phone no response.
Contributor

The way I understand it is this: if the battery drains completely and is then recharged it (I think) short circuits the phone. Which then will not switch on, no matter what. The 9900's from your carrier should be ones with a software update. I darent let my battery run below 5% just in case and back the phone up on a regular basis. Not really the way I want things to be, but it seems to be working ok. PLUS, purely by accident, it DID die overnight but came straight back on when I recharged it. Fingers crossed. As far as I'm aware, RIM has not made this public but I could be entirely wrong about that. X