Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Dead Bold 9900 !!!

the same thing happend to me 2 days ago and it still isnt working

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: orange

It won't work. Take it back xx
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

It won't work. Clearly an OS problem. Orange have been retesting apparently . . . my replacement is arriving this morning. Fingers crossed on this one.

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: TMo

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Erm, no!

You'd think they might monitor their own support community to respond to their customers concerns at some point during the course of a week wouldn't you? 

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: TMo

There are more and more such posts on Crackberry every day.

RIM are you sleeping!!!

Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: claro

We have to go to the news pappers and the tv to let the people that RIM are selling blackberry trash.

lke
New Contributor
My Carrier: Telcel

I have been using mobile phones since the first ones that were to heavy, I have nokia, qualcomm, blackberry, iphone, amd never ever I have a phone that bricks itself and you can do nothing to fix it.

The most amazing thing here is that there is no way that you can fix it, this tell me that the issue could it be releated to hardware, and if it is hardware Blackberry is in trouble, imagine recalling thousands of phones all over the world, that could be very bad for a company that is in trouble right now.

Maybe this is why they don't want to accept that their phones have problems.

* My old blackberry pearl still works without issues, I think it is over 6 years older or more. One time I have seen the red led light and it wont turn on but I could fix it by connecting desktop manager.

With the bold 9900 I have try a lot of things and nothing is working.

I have also the first iphone version that was locked to att and in that time you need to enter a lot of commands to unlock it, it never bricked, or I have never have a single problem of not bring it to life after trying to unlock it.

How could blackberry release a defective phone to the world, how they want to sell more mobile phones if they brick itself at night?

Lets send this news to gizmodo, cnn, abcnews, msnbc, and almost every news site , then we will get a reply from RIM
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

RIM Confirms To CNBC Tonight:

A limited number of customers have reported an issue where their device does not power on. We are actively working on a software update to resolve this issue.

Contributor
My Carrier: orange

A limited number??? Ha!!! Still at least they have acknowleged a problem!