Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: bell

Dead Bold - No Back up. :(

I have a Blackberry Bold and it died last week end. 

When I remove the battery and put it back in, the red indicator lights up for a few second and then goes black.  When i plug it in the wall, same thing.  When I plug it in my PC, my computer does the connect sound but does the disconnect sound also.  The Desktop manager says the blackberry is disconnected. 

I already have a new phone.  Someone gave me their Torch until Q10 is available (can't wait).  I just want a back up of the Bold cause my last back up dates of 4 months ago. 

Is there an advanced way to do this?  I would be willing to take it apart if I have to. 

All you pros out there, help!

I've pretty much tried everything I could find online so far but nothing worked.

Thanks.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Dead Bold - No Back up. :(

First things first....DO NOT take apart your BlackBerry.
If you have backed up your phone with BlackBerry Protect, you can also restore your phone using that method. Otherwise, that 4-month old backup file you have is the way to go.

I hope that helps you. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: bell

I did not know about Blackberry protect until this happened. 

So bassically I'm SOL?  lol... Come on!  In this day and age, not possible.

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Data backups, either with BlackBerry Desktop Software or with BlackBerry Protect, are like insurance: If you don't need it and you have it, you're fine but if you do need it someday and you don't have it, like you said, you're "SOL".

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.