Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Dear Blackberry

I remember the first BB I ever owned. It seems like a long time ago, but has probably on been a few years... The BB Curve. When I first held one of your devices, all synched up with my accounts, I felt the places we could go, things we could do, and people you could connect me to; Moreover, I felt the possibilities. I was so proud to be a BB User! The curve was great but it seemingly didn't have the Oomph that I needed from a Smartphone. That didn't hinder me from purchasing a BB again though, this time, a touch phone. My current phone the BB Storm2. Again, the possibilities were all there. I loved its sleek look, the great transition to a touch screen and the familiar GUI. This new relationship, like most, burned hot in the beginning. I was excited at every notification to hold it. I even bought Bluetooth headphones, music app services and an armband. In the beginning I wanted so badly to believe that I was a BB person. It saddens me to say that I am starting to see that I am starting to believe otherwise. My Storm 2 gave out on me a few weeks ago, thankfully still covered by the one year warranty - the screen started shutting off intermittently. The replacement phone arrived quickly and I hoped it would be a more glitch free version of it previous self. Yesterday was my tipping point. You see, I need a phone that can track my runs, Bluetooth my streamed tunes, and help me share my results with my friends afterwards... Yesterday was my first 5k getting back into the running door, 'Race for the Cure'. I wanted to track my run just for giggles so I could admire my handiwork later, but I didn't, because I only truly cared about getting my music fix while running. I didn't want the phone to glitch mid-run so I figured, the less programs running, the better. I didn't even use my music streaming app, I used the music on my phone. I was ready for my race, so in the minutes before the race, I powered on my Bluetooth headphones and went to pair them to my BB. The pairing wasn't successful so I disconnected it and tried to re-pair. That's when it happened, a frozen screen. It was at that point I knew, my BB wasn't up for my 5k. Which is okay, my first race back was a personal best... But I have to wonder how much better it could've been with my Blackberry right there beside me pumping a little, 'Black Stone Cherry' or the likes, into my veins.
Blackberry, I've got plans to become the women I've always wanted to be! The runner, the housewife, the 45+ hours a week worker, someday--the mom... Yesterday made me wonder if there is such a BB that would fit my kind of needs. To me, the hope is gone, I feel like I have put up with time costly glitches on an easily overloaded phone for so long now. I need a phone that does its job like I take on running hills on my early morning jog - fiercely. Yesterday showed me that maybe BB isn't that phone. I don't need a desk phone... I don't have a desk. I need an everywhere else phone.
I'll be here with this Storm2 until January... I am obligated to see this relationship through contractually, but I make no promises after that. Truth be told, I am starting to salivate over the idea of a HTC Hero or (of all the blasphemy) an Iphone. Let your new CEO know what the younger users need. I'm 24 years old and will be needing a cell-phone for many years to come still. I'm ready to read some great BB reviews on newer, more powerful devices... But I have to say I don't know if they'll come in time to save what we had...

All the best Blackberry,
Faith Strothman

Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Dear Blackberry

If you're basing your decision on the experience of the Storm you are missing out on some really great devices. The 9850 and the 9850 are some of the greatest bb models ever created.

That being said, by January's bb10 will be out and that device will be all new. I just returned from BlackBerry World Conference where they demo's the device and it is nothing short of spectacular. It is a whole new platform and will have some great new features. Most notably the new OS does not hourglass or freeze. I think everyone will be in awe of the new bb10. I commend you for putting up with the Storm for so long. While a great device it did have some quirks that pushed many people away.

Good luck and thanks for your post.

John

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!