Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Optus

Default BB ringtones missing??

I don't know if this is the same issue as the post at the top, but my Bold 9000 had its OS updated recently and since then, all the original ringtones that came in the system file on the phone have been deleted. 

Any ringtones I have added since I have had the phone are still there in the separate file and are able to be played - there is no issue playing ringtones. It is just that all the alarm tones and ringtones have all been wiped from the phone.

Does anyone know if there is a downloadable copy of all these ringtones? Or a fix??

Lucy.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Default BB ringtones missing??

New Contributor

I might need a little bit more help.. I downloaded the file to my computer first, but I can't open it and I'm not sure what folder to transfer it into from there. So I downloaded it to my phone instead but it was coming up with a "too large" error, and when I got past that, it's come up with "907 Invalid COD. Unable to import ZIP file". And further attempts say almost the same - "907 Invalid COD. File not found"

Driving me crazy!! I can't find any page on BB website that has the download that I can see a set of instructions on.

Super Contributor

Lucy, the file link is a .jad which is meant to be downloaded directly from your phone. Open it with your phones browser and download using the download button.
~diffused
Z10, OS Version 10.2.1.3253
Verizon
New Contributor

If you ignore the first sentence of my last post, it all says I've tried downloading to my phone and those error messages come up, predominantly the one saying it can't import the zip file. 

I click on the link you posted, it downloads the jad file, comes up with the download/set permissions window, and when I click on download, the bar moves all the way to the end and finally comes up with the error. 

Super Contributor

I just rechecked the link with my phone (9650) and it does still work. You mentioned you have a 9000. What operating system was downloaded to it? Is it a work phone (BES)?
~diffused
Z10, OS Version 10.2.1.3253
Verizon