Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Default Ring Tone

Hi All-

Can someone please tell me how to set up my default ringtone?  When I set the ringtone I want it to be it works  sometimes, but other times it will give me the dumb classic ringtone for people that are in my phonebook but don't have a set ringtone.  As well when I set the ringtone for my MMS and SMS texts it will work the first couple of times, then when I get a text from someone who I has a different set ringtone for phone calls and texts  it will default to there ringtone versus the one I set for MMS and SMS text.  Hope that question made sense.

P.S. I have the BB Tour 9630

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Tou 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Default Ring Tone

I am actually on the phone with Verizon for this same issue - they claim they've never heard of this issue. When you go to RIngs and Alerts and set a default, it never gets used!

Where or why would Verizon think they can or should assign a default to any of my contacts? When you add a new contact, it automatically assigns the system default ring tone to any and all new contacts, rather than assign NONE. It should be up to you as the user to go in and add spoecial ring tones, not Verizon!!

That was exactly how my Curve worked and I loved it - set a default rign tone/alerts and call it a day. I have over 1000 contacst and I'm supposed to use their default? WTF?????