Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Delay in Emails & Messages, then all arriving at once

Hi,

As the title says, I am having a problem with my emails and messages. Possibly text messages as well, but not sure.  Basically, all my emails and messages arrive at once, usually after a long delay.  Anyone know how I sort this problem out?  I need my emails for work, so it's not very good!

On a seperate issue, when I use blackberry messanger, often I can not read what I am typing. I just is blank, but i can carry on typing and when I send whatever I have typed appears.  This is a problem pretty much since I have had the phone, so I do not think is related with the more important problem mentioned earlier.

I have a Blackberry Curve 8520 and am with Vodafone.

In about, it also says: v4.6.1.272 (Platform 4.2.0.118)

Branding version: 1.0.120.233

Please Please Please can someone help please?  Thanks!

If this problem has already been raised, I would be very thankful if you could post the link to the appropriate thread.  Thanks!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Delay in Emails & Messages, then all arriving at once

Hi zimmerman,

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Is your signal uppercase or lowercase when you're not receiving your messages? What is the signal strength listed in Options-Status at that time?

For the display in BlackBerry Messenger, try uninstalling then reinstalling the application and test again.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hi Frankie,

Thanks for the reply, it's much appreciated.

I'm not that great with technology, so bare with me!

Errrm, in the top right hand corner it currently says EDGE with a four bar signal (it also says WiFi underneath).  Thing is, I don't know if I am capable of recieving messages currently or not!  I will keep an eye on EDGE and see if it says "edge" at any point.

I have noticed another thing.......  Today, I wrote a blackberry message to someone, and once I did that (maybe even when i started typing before I sent, Im not sure) all my BBMs and emails came at once.  Very weird!

Thanks

New Contributor

Update: I just wrote a BBM and recieved a reply from my friend immediately.    It is still written as EDGE.

New Contributor

Still haven't noticed EDGE not being written in capitals.

It is still the case that if I send a BBM to someone, I then recieve some emails and other BBMs that have been sent hours earlier.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Somone must know, Shirely?!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI459), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi there!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should contact your wireless service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Sorry to be such an **bleep**, but step one says:

"

• For BlackBerry Device Software 6.0, perform the following steps:
    Device > Advanced System Settings > Host Routing Table
  • For BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 through 5.0, perform the following steps:
    Advanced Options > Host Routing Table
  • For BlackBerry Device Software 3.7.1 through 4.0.2:
    Host Routing Table
  • BlackBerry Device Software 3.0 through 3.7:
    Network
  • BlackBerry Device Software 2.0 through 2.7:
    Network Settings "

How do I know which one I do?

Sorry to me stupid!   Thanks for your help!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI459), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Well, you have a couple of ways to figure it out.

1) Since it works differently on different OS levels, only one of them will work for you. So try them until you find the one that actually works. If it's one that doesn't work for you, those menu selections won't even exist.

2) If you check (on OS levels 5.0 and below...I don't know where to check on 6.0) Homescreen > Options > About, that will tell you your OS level (on the 3rd line of text, the first section...mine says v5.0.0.1015, which means I'm on the 5.0 OS level, release 1015).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor

Okay, I have done as you have said... Although not the reboot as it isn't sluggish.

I'll let you know if it worked!   I went to the vodaphone shop the other day and they were a waste of time.

I appreciate your help.

Speak soon. Smiley Happy