Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9720
My Carrier: Orange UK

Delay in receiving emails in one of the email accounts

Hi all,

I received a notification on my Blackberry two days ago saying I needed to revalidate one of my email addresses and when I tried to do so I got an error message saying the password was wrong. I was able to log in on other devices with the same password so I knew the password wasn't wrong - I deleted and and re-added the email account, and everything seemed to be working fine.

A few hours later I noticed the emails on that particular account stopped arriving. I have tried registering via Host Routing Table, resending service books, doing hard resets and deleting and re-adding the email account (both on the device and on my carrier's BIS page) several times. The emails are now arriving, but with a two-hour delay. The other email accounts on my device are working normally, and the problematic email account, which is also linked to my iPad, is working fine on my iPad. I can also send emails without any problems.

My carrier has 'updated my settings' on their end, whatever that means, and that hasn't helped either. They've told me to call Blackberry customer service and when I did I was told I would have to pay for technical support without an incident number, and they directed me back to the carrier.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong? Thanks in advance!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Delay in receiving emails in one of the email accounts

It's Orange's responsibility to resolve your issue. If they can't do it, they're to escalate you to BlackBerry without charge (by providing you with an incident number). This is their responsibility but few carriers will do it without pressure from the user because it costs them to do so.

You need to call Orange back for resolution and if they're still unable to help you, you must INSIST on being escalated. This might require speaking to a supervisor or manager or even threatening to take your business elsewhere. Whatever it takes, you're not to hang up the phone until you have an incident number from them.

I would like to help you out right here but you've tried all the steps I would have recommended so I'm suggesting you try giving Orange a ring again.

Keep us up to date on your progress.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9720
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: Delay in receiving emails in one of the email accounts

Thanks BillJ, I didn't know they were obliged to give me an incident number. I will ring them again and nag them until I get that number.

I will report back after I get in touch with Orange Smiley Happy