Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Delay with Receiving GMail.

[ Edited ]

Hi ViciousFerret,

The intermittent delays are still occurring.  Here are some examples of delays longer than 15 minutes.

Yesterday (Nov. 1) email arrived in Gmail inbox at 3:23 PM, received on BB at 3:47 PM

Today (Nov. 2) email arrived in Gmail inbox at 1:19 PM, received on BB at 1:46 PM

In addition to these longer delays, there are also shorter delays of less than 15 minutes.  Some emails continue to be pushed immediately.  Please investigate again.  I hope RIM will get this problem fixed soon.  I don't mind paying for a data plan as long as the data services are working correctly, however when the data services are not working is a different story.

In addition, from my experiences, I agree with jimo...  My experiences also show the delays occur only during the daytime hours.  Early mornings, late evenings, overnight and weekends have not shown delays.  I can't say for sure if the 8 AM-8 PM times are accurate, but the general time frames I describe above are accurate from my experiences.

Thank you.

tz123abc

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Telcel

Here are some examples of delays in more serious cases and the most recent

Today (Nov. 2) email arrived in Gmail inbox at 10:23 AM, received on BB at 12:20 PM

Today (Nov. 2) email arrived in Gmail inbox at 10:26 AM, received on BB at 12:20 PM

arrives at the same time, only one alert

Some emails continue to be pushed immediately.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey tz123abc and Jimo,

I have sent 2 test emails at 8:19am EST and show they were received immediately.  I will send another test after the lunch hour to test the performance.

Also jimo can you provide your PIN so I can investigate?

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Retired

Jimo,

I have sent you 2 test emails at 10:48am EST and show they were received by your BlackBerry Address.  Do you have a forwarding rule in place for your Gmail address?  Can you remove the forwarding rule to test out the delivery of messages?

I look forward to your reply.

-ViciousFerret

New Contributor

Thanks for your attention
These were received through telcel.blackberry.net , this was a temporary solution to the problem, but the emails were received with delay of 10-12 minutes 
The forwarding rule was removed.
Greetings

Retired

Jimo,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I have sent 2 test emails at 12:48pm EST and still do not see the messages as received.  I would suggest contacting your network service provider to have this issue escalated to Research In Motion.

Tz123abc,

I have sent 2 more messages at 12:50pm AST and show that they have been received immediately.  Your email delivery seems to be working as per normal.

Again let me know if anything changes.

-ViciousFerret

New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply.

I already reported the problem to them, but they say that everything is ok. Only send the service books, send a test, this works fine because they sent the service books before testing, I can`t sending the service books anytime, they think I lie.
I think, I'm going to stay long time with this problem.
how I can escalated this problem directly to reserch in motion?
test emails were received with a delay of 45 minutes
Thanks for all.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi ViciousFerret,

I continue to received delayed emails.  Again the delays are intermittent.  Today, I have received two emails which were delayed until another email was received.  The 1st email seemingly was pushed to my device because of the 2nd email's notify.

Here are the specifics:

email arrived in Gmail inbox at 9:50 AM, received on BB at 10:13 AM

email arrived in Gmail inbox at 10:13 AM, received on BB at 10:13 AM

email arrived in Gmail inbox at 3:29 PM, received on BB at 3:46 PM

email arrived in Gmail inbox at 3:46 PM, received on BB at 3:46 PM

The 2nd email in the 2nd example was a test email I sent to myself from another email address after seeing the email in my Gmail inbox.  So I don't know how long the 1st email in the 2nd example would have been delayed without my sending that 2nd email.

I understand that your tests have been received in a timely fashion.  However, this continues to be an intermittent problem.  I also understand that intermittent problems are some of the hardest to troubleshoot.  However, something is not working the way it is designed.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

tz123abc

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi tz123abc,

For the last couple of days, I'd been struggling w/ the same or very similar issues until I removed the (poll) POP3 email that I had configured w/ my gmail account as a label from my gmail account.  After that, all my mails from gmail start arriving to my BB almost instantaneously (as it's supposed to, I guess...;-) or at least as fast as the HTML agent.

Hope this will help you out.

PS:    Another thing that I also did on my BB (Torch) is to configure the gmail account on the Torch to have the Handheld device to win over the Mailbox if there is a Reconcilation conflict.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

ViciousFerret - I too am having the same issues; when addressing the problem with our carrier (T-Mobile, in my case) asking to escalate, is there a particular subject or context we need to provide them to make troubleshooting easier?