Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Delay with Receiving GMail.

Hey crazylosman74,

Just a question about your email delivery since you're with T-mobile.  Do you receive clusters of email messages at once (3 or more at once)?

Also if you have a non-gmail email account integrated do you see delays outside of 15 minutes? 

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Retired

Sorry for the delay tz123abc,

Yes I definitely agree that you're seeing a delay of messages.  Right now we're asking to have these issues escalated to your wireless provider and ask them if you can be transferred over to Research In Motion/BlackBerry so we can have a case created for you.

-ViciousFerret

Retired

Sorry for the delay jimo,

Your wireless provider can transfer you to Research In Motion to receive free support, however you can contact us directly at 1-877-255-2377 but there is a cost to contact us directly.

Also we would like to have a case created so we can monitor this issue, and try to contact us once the issue is occurring if possible.

I appreciate your patience in this matter. 

-ViciousFerret

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: bell-canada

Hi Ferret,

I am still having delays.  I had a delay of more than 1 hour this am.

I do have a POP(hotmail account associated with this phone as well.  It follows the standard pop delays, 2-10minutes.

You said you saw an error with the notification process.  Who should I escalate this to?  Bell or RIM directly?

I do find that if I do an unlockcaptcha that it floods the messages thru, but thats not the issue.

You have my PIN if you need to do any further testing.

Thanks

Brett

Retired

Hey Brett,

You should contact Bell and then ask to reach out to us Research In Motion/BlackBerry.  If you contact us directly it will be a cost of 50 dollars. 

I appreciate your patience though as we try to resolve this.

-ViciousFerret

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

ViciousFerret,

Regarding the clustering, I don't see clustering from any of the Gmail, Google Apps Gmail, or Yahoo accounts.  I do see it with my Microsoft OWA accounts, which is normal.

Aside from my OWA accounts, I am seeing greater than 15 minutes receiving email on both my Gmail and Google Apps Gmail accounts.  Sporadically, I'm seeing response times less than this; however, it's few and far between.  Similar to other community members, it started post 3.2 BIS upgrade.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi ViciousFerret,

Thanks for the reply.  I have contacted VZW and they transferred me to RIM.  I spoke to RIM yesterday and today.

Yesterday, the RIM rep told me my Gmail delays were caused by network congestion or by a poor signal strength.  I explained that based on my previous monitoring of my email account, poor signal strength was not a possible reason for my issue.  She sent me some test emails while I was on the phone and they came through immediately.  She put the status of the case as pending.

Today, I called while I had email in my Gmail box that had not hit my BB yet.  While I was on the phone that delayed email message arrived on my BB at the same time as another email that arrived instantly on my BB when it hit my Gmail inbox.  The delayed email was about 35 minutes delayed.  The rep had me check several things on my phone.  She had me delete the service books for my Gmail account and do a battery pull.  She resent my service books and had me re-register my BB.  At the end of the call, a test email she sent arrived promptly.  She marked the case as resolved and asked me to monitor my email and call back with any issues.

As I expected, the prompt email delivery while I was on the phone was simply another intermittent prompt email delivery among many delayed email deliveries.  So I will make another call to RIM.

Due to the high number of people experiencing this issue, it is obviously due to some system problem with RIM and/or Google.  When I call back to RIM, how can I get my case into the hands of someone who will get it escalated as a widespread problem?  The previous RIM reps I've spoken with have considered the problem resolved simply because a test email has been delivered promptly.

Thanks,

tz123abc

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Telcel

I found a temporary solution while RIM provides a solution, it works for me and no more delays. Sorry for my english but I`ll try to explain. For me the most important of blackberry is a push email. I think this problem is whith the bis 3.2 update. I found a whay to bypass this. login into BIS account (maybe yourcompany.blackberry.com) from your computer no from you blackberry. erase your gmail account. add email put in email address= cuenta@hola.com for example, leave both password fields blank you will get an error, but you will get a manual option as well, clic in manual option. then fill information your gmail acount, pass, server imap.gmail.com. etc. and clic next button or save (options can be change.) Is the same if you have a google apps account. Obviously, not siync contacts and calendar, but i did not use it. Grettings from México
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Same problem here, since the upgrade to BIS 3.2 it seems. I used to get gmail pushed to my BB instantly, now it may take up to an hour!

Visitor
My Device: 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

I am having the same issue as well, mines started last week and I assumed it’s usual one or two days thing.

I’m with AT&T and using Google App. Other emails on device work fine and only Google app delays anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes.