Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Delay with Receiving GMail.

I don't think we will see any solutions until RIM support is able to see that there are many cases like this.  I will be the first to share - my case # for this issue is 21707165.  Unfortunately, RIM tier 2 was not able to find the cause of the delay on my account.

Hopefully tz123abc, who had a great post about what RIM found on his account, can post his case ID so that we can try to make some progress.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Here is my case number for this issue: 21715249.  Hopefully this will help RIM to link these like cases together.

As an update, the delayed emails continue for me. This past weekend, like other weekends, saw no delays.  The intermittent delays resumed again this morning.

Contributor

I forgot to mention in my post from a few minutes ago...

I spoke with RIM Tier 2 support last Wednesday to get a status update on my case.  They were continuing to work on a resolution, but they didn't have any new information about the status of the case to offer me when I called.  They did tell me they had my case linked internally in their system to another case, which they referred to as the master case with this same issue.

Contributor

Thanks tz123abc!  Giving them your case number led them to finally understand what was causing the delay on my account. 

They have also escallated my case, and will follow up with Google.  I will post again with any updates.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: VZW

What's the best way to initiate additional reports about this problem? Starting a new thread? I've been having this issue for the past week-plus, and it continues.

-JRC

Contributor

JRCaesar:

This forum isn't a way to directly notify RIM of a problem.  It is a way for users and sometimes BlackBerry employees to dialogue about issues.  The way to get yourself added to the growing list of users with this problem is to call your carrier, go through their troubleshooting steps, ask to have your case escalated to RIM, go through the RIM tier 1 troubleshooting steps and ask to be escalated to RIM Tier 2 support.  Good luck.  You may have to be insistent on getting through to the next level of support.

My Device: bold
My Carrier: verizon

i have the same problem for the last day. is this something that may go away by itself once rim fixes the bug?

Developer
My Device: 9000, 9780, 9900

I know it is not a very exciting thing to observe, but I have never had a problem with GMail delivery times.  I'm using the native Blackberry mail client (not gmail client) via BIS.  I have the Google Talk notifier running on my desktop, and invariably the two notifications are seconds apart.

Contributor

How has this issue been doing for everyone today?  RIM called me to say that they had adjusted a few things "on the back end" and that should hopefully fix it.  Everything seems to be okay, but I haven't had a large volume of email today...

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received an email this morning, from the tech in charge of my case on the RIM Tier 2 Escalation Team, informing me that the Gmail delay problem should be resolved.  The tech asked me to monitor my email and inform him ASAP if I had any issues.  Hopefully this is truly a resolution.  My delays have always occurred during the weekday business day.  Due to the shortened work week for Thanksgiving here in the US and the upcoming weekend, I won't consider this issue truly resolved until I see no delayed emails for a couple of days next week.  Looking forward to instant Gmails on BIS again!