Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Delete Address Book Entirely?

I keep a pretty robust address book and I find it easier to update a master list in a .WAB file and reload into mobile devices. Does anyone know how to mass delete the address book using the desktop software? I'm connected to a Curve 8310.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Delete Address Book Entirely?

Connect the BlackBerry to the computer and then open the Desktop Manager and go to Backup/Restore > Advanced. On the right-hand side should be all the databases for the BlackBerry. Highlight the Address Book and then select Clear. If you are connected via a BES and have wireless synchronization enabled then the database option will be greyed out. You would have to disable wireless synchronization in order to clear it this way.
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Delete Address Book Entirely?

Jeremy,

You mentioned in your reply to this issue that you would have to disable wireless synchronization.  I am trying to transfer my contacts from my 8820 to Microsoft Outlook 2007.  I am running Vista.  I get the error message that I must disable wireless synchronization.   How do you do this?

Thanks

----

dcw