Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Delete Email Account/Notifications

How do i delete my email account on my blackberry? I looked it up in the help section, and it said I had to do it using some desktop manager..Problem is, i have a mac at home, and i find that pocketmac is really unhelpful. Im not even sure you can do a lot of the things you can on the normal desktop software. Any ideas how to do it on my PDA?
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Delete Email Account/Notifications

From the device:

1. Click on the Setup Internet E-mail Icon

2. Click on E-mail Accounts link

3. Click on the email address you want to delete user@donain.com link

4. Select the Delete link

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have the same problem and nowhere can I select to delete the account nor even delete the icon. I have both Yahoo and Gmail (email folder) and neither of them work or show up. Any suggestions on removal is appreciated. Thx
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: o2

how do i delete delete an email account on a 9800 torch

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

paulcooley wrote:

how do i delete delete an email account on a 9800 torch

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Refer to this BB101:

Instead of creating a new email account, simply delete what is already there.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 8900, Torch and 9900
My Carrier: O2

I have a 9900 which was given to me.  I wiped it including the operating system.  I then reloaded the OS and my settings from my Torch which includes 2 email accounts.  I now find that I have 3 accounts, one being of the person that gave me the 9900!  In Setup the icon says 3 accounts but the list of acounts is only my 2 accounts.  How can I stop getting the 3rd account's emails and then get rid of the icon on Home screen?  Any help will be appreciated.  

New Contributor

.....just to clarify the above.  When in Setuo I click on 'Email Accounts (3)' it says "checking for updates' then shows just my 2 accounts and mysteriously I am unable to create a new account either!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

See this KB:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

Whoever gave you the BB did not properly complete the "Seller" steps...those MUST be done before you begin to try and use this BB.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Wow! Very many thanks. I have trawled many sites and found nothing even remotely like this. Will try now. Incidentally I used 'Swiss Army Knife' to wipe the OS off before i used it. Obviously that is not the answer for a real wipe clean!
New Contributor

Greatly appreciated sdgardne. The perfect solution.....and simple .....albeit with the benefit of hindsight!!!