Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8830
Accepted Solution

Delete Past Reminders?!?

I have had issues syncing with Outlook which causes me to have to use "One Way Sync" and "Replace All Target Records." (I'm not certain about exact wording of these config settings because I'm not at my office computer where my desktop software is.) Though I check "Remove all past reminders" they appear on my desktop, some as many as 100+ weeks past due. With just a single click I can "Dismiss All," but it's irritating to have to do this every day when I sync. Any ideas? Thanks!
Phil
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Delete Past Reminders?!?

Hello philhughes,

One recommendation is to change the sync settings from "Transfer all scheduled" to either a date range or future items.

Once the appointments are on the BlackBerry, unless you plan to make changes or additions to past appointments, you don't need to use the transfer all items option.

What kind of issue were you experiencing with the two way synchronize? Were you getting an error message?

Let me know if the new settings work.

Thanks! And have a great day Smiley Happy

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8830

You sent my mind to thinkin' and we solved that one! I began using Sync Future only, which cuts down my sync time dramatically - and leaves alone the past items which I want to keep. But the kicker was "Replace all data in target ..." It functions as I want it to (again, leaving alone the past appointments) and doesnt give me all those annoying reminders. Thanks!

Phil
Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Glad to hear it all worked out Phil!

Let us know if there anything else we can do to help you Smiley Happy

Thanks! And have a great day!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!