Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Delete contacts on BOLD ? ?

I have tried everything suggested in the other BB series forums and can not figure out how to delete the contacts on  the BOLD.

Perhaps this is complicated because I have a MAC and use PocketMAC to sync and transfer data however the choice for a MAC is a must for me.

Is there a quick and easy way to remove  contacts from the phone? 

Some of the addresses will not be relieved of their duty even when trying to delete each entry. 

New to the BOLD as are most peopel here  ...  any assistance would be much appreciated!

JustME 

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Delete contacts on BOLD ? ?

What exactly is happening when you try and delete a contact?

In the contacts list if I hit del on a name it gives me the option to delete it? What happens to you?

I'm afraid I don't have a Mac so i don't know how that would affect things. The place I would start to look is in PocketMac's sync settings to make sure it uses the handheld's database over the Mac's.

Sorry i can't help more.

Pradeep.

New Contributor

Pradeep

Thanks for the reply.

I have had a CURVE and a PEARL before this and so these issues are strange happenings to me.

When I go into my BB and begin to delete some contacts from the contact list using the delete option, some contacts can be deleted when asked to, using the delete command.

Others provide me with the delete command however I am unable to delete the contact. The system refuses to delete some contacts. It  seems as if it is by chance because some will delete and some will not. Some contacts do not provide me with an otion to delete.

The ratios when using the device would be approximately:

Delete on ask:  80%

No delete on ask: 15%

No delete command available: 5%

Thanks for your suppport ... Smiley Happy

JustME 

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Hmmmm. Not sure. I'm sure I remember seeing an issue on some forum about a corrupted contact database that was preventing some contacts from being added / edited properly. Can't remember where though. Sorry.

I am trying to do the same thing. On Mac OSX. Have the PocketSync thing. How do I make sure it deletes all contacts off my BB? I selected the option that says to give priority to the PC addressbook, which is empty, so at least intuitively it means that even my handheld will be empty after the sync, but this is not what happens. Any idea? With so many Macs around, I am surprised BB doesn't make a full desktop manager available on the platform! Thanks for any ideas.