Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320
Accepted Solution

Delete key grayed out in DM

Curve 8320

T-Mobil

DM 4.7

XP SP 3

I am trying to delete D2G.  In  Desktop Manager/add&remove applications   if I select ‘Documents to Go’ in the list of applications thedelete button is grayed out. I am of the impression DataViz requests the oldapplication (and all modules) be removed from the device and the computer (Ican’t use the OTA option).  Theyrecommend to remove D2G from the device, let it reboot, then delete D2G from thecomputer. It doesn’t matter if D2G is removed from the device or not, when Iselect it in Desktop manager the delete key is grayed out.  The delete key is grayed out if Ichoose other applications too.

Why is the delete key grayed out?  If I remove D2G from the device, how canI remove D2G from the computer, before I install the update? Can I delete it from thecomputer manually?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Delete key grayed out in DM

Are you on a BES?  You may have IT policy preventing you from deleting an application from the device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

No, I just have the device, use it as a phone/PDA.  No enterprise, I don't have the data package.
Contributor

Note, I CAN delete it from the Device, what I can't do is delete from the DeskTop Application.  DataViz suggests to delete there too before installing the upgrade to D2G.
Contributor

My discussions with BB this morning say that applications installed during a device OS upgrade can not be deleted individually. Let me say you can remove them from the device individually, but not DeskTop Manager. You have to delete the file installed via the .zip file downloaded with the device OS update via Windoze's add/delete programs control panel. BB support says it should have a name "BlackBerry Handheld device code v.XXX", but I could not find such an application to remove, only DeskTop Manager.   Talking to BB support they say the delete key is always grayed out.