Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: WIND
Accepted Solution

Deleted Maps

[ Edited ]

I deleted the Maps app from the Applications in the Advanced Options menu. I can't seem to get it back from the website. It just downloads something called lbs_ribbon or something like that.

Anyone know how I can get it back?

I deleted the Maps app from the Applications in the Advanced Options menu. I can't seem to get it back from the website. It just downloads something called lbs_ribbon or something like that.

Anyone know how I can get it back?

Not sure why the post is getting duplicated... ignore that.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Deleted Maps

You need to use Application Loader and your PC to get BBMaps back.  Please post what carrier you're using and the OS version on your device.  To find the version number go to compose a new email.  In the body of the email type "myver" without the quotes and hit the space bar. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I subscribed to the thread, but didn't get an email telling me I had a reply.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I subscribed to the thread, but didn't get an email telling me I had a reply.

Anyway, my OS version is 5.0.0.680

My carrier is WIND Mobile.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

WIND Canada?

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=B27D5296BEDE63B1493A5D321D4E8092

WIND Hellas:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=3210DDBEAA16948A702B6049B8D9A202

or WIND Italy?:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=C8758B517083196F05AC29810B924ACA

Download the same OS from your carrier above.  Then install to your PC.  Then go to C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and double click on the file called "Loader.exe." 

When the list of checkboxes comes up be sure and check the box for BlackBerry Maps.  Then finish the installation. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Great thank you! That worked.

Contributor
My Device: Pearl 3G 9100
My Carrier: Telus

I have a Pearl 9100 3G  with Telus and deleted maps.  Your tips helped me figure out how to put BB maps back.  I had to download the Desktop software and BB Pearl 3G software, then added BB maps back.  Then, I used the Desktop software to add BB maps back.

Thanks!

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodacom

My MAPS app vanished ... I checked AppWorld and can't find it. Where can I download it from?