Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: DUBAI

Deleted Text Messages

Hi Good Day! I've encountered this problem wherein my past text messages were lost and seems to be gone forever.

Here is a scenario to concretize my problem.

For example,

Friend1 texted me last August 12 2013.

Then I go check my text message conversation with Friend1 but I can't find the text messages he sent me as well as my replies last August 12 2013. 

More so, if I check my text messages and scroll down, the last date appears to be August 14 2013 - which in general thought, I lost all my text messages from August 13 and the past.

Any one who can help me? Thank you in advance.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Deleted Text Messages

Hi arteliterary

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If our BlackBerry suffer from low memory then we may loose our text messages, emails etc. Refer to this KB Article regarding your issue :

KB14213  :Call logs, SMS text messages , and email messages are deleted from the BlackBerry Smartphone

So lease check your application memory , delete a few apps that you rearly use .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi there. Thanks for your reply. I checked my phone's space and this is what I got.

Application Storage

Free Space : 0 KB

Buil-in Media Storage

Free Space: 5.4 GB

Elite II

arteliterary wrote:

Hi there. Thanks for your reply. I checked my phone's space and this is what I got.

Application Storage

Free Space : 0 KB

Buil-in Media Storage

Free Space: 5.4 GB

Hi there ,

Well.. As you can see you have 0 memory left , In such situation the problem you are having is normal ! To run smoothly any normally our device some space without which our device will suffer from many issue as you're having currently ! In my view we must keep at least 80 MB of free application memory  to avoid such issues. To resolve your current issue you have to increase your application memory , many things you can try like delete some applications , old messages , don't store any media files in your device memory rather transfer them to your media card or set media card as your default storage for media files .

Go to Options > Device > Application Management > delete unused or unnecessary application , it may increse your application memory .

Try it and let us know of your progress. 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello there thanks. I deleted some applications and now I'm running with 125MB Free Space of Application Memory.

Smiley Happy I'll see the results in the following days. Thank you again for your help.
Elite II

Well done ... With this much free memory I am sure you won't face the same issue , try to maintain this room so that your device can run smoothly and most important reboot your device preferably once a day .

let us know if you feel the same issue again.

Good luck.