Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Deleting Apps

After you delete an app, why does the icon remain in the folder? Is there anyway to remove that as well? Or do I just have to wait a while after it reboots before it disappears?
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Deleting Apps

Did you go into Options | Advanced Options | Applications to remove the application? If so then you may have to reboot the phone. Most apps I've seen display a message indicating that deletions won't take place until after the phone is restarted.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Which application you've deleted?

After deletion and having a device reboot there should not be any icon visiable. Did you have a device reboot?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I deleted Xenozu, Snap2Twitter, and TweetCaster. The icons are still in my downloads folder and they have a green arrow on them saying they've been archived. I've rebooted a couple times and they won't disappear.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

if they have a green arrow on them its because you installed them using the new appworld and they are archived for easy reinstallation if you want to

if you want them fully gone, open appworld, go to my world and delete the apps from there

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telstra

FYI I have just come across this web site that has some great info on deleting App's from your Blackberry. I have tried some of the way's suggested in this forum but unless I'm totally useless they do not work.

http://bestblackberry.com/three-ways-to-delete-uninstall-apps-blackberry-how-to-21289/

I am about to try them out, will get back and give an update on progress.