Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange

Deleting BB Facebook notifications from messages?

How do I do this? I can delete my emails and texts from my messages, but can't work out how to delete BB FB notifications that I no longer want there, as they clutter it up a bit after a while.

First BB, so any help much appreciated!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange

Solved! Re: Deleting BB Facebook notifications from messages?

Not worry. Just figured it out!

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Deleting BB Facebook notifications from messages?

Same problem with first BB.. Can you tell me how to do this please?
Retired
My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Hello,

Navigate to the messages folder-press the menu key-select view folder and select Facebook Messages folder. You can highlight today's date now and press the menu key again and select delete prior.

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

That does not work. This started happening with the new Facebook update. I was able to go to the date banner and select "Delete Prior" and it would delete everything. Now, the Blackberry deletes everything BUT the facebook messages. I tried the suggestion the previous user provided to no avail.

Also, after updating to the newest Facebook, I notice that I have been receiving a LOT of spam MMS messages. I never received these messages before the upgrade. I used the link from the Blackberry App World to download the latest Facebook update. Something's awry.

New Contributor

I just had the same thing happen with the new facebook update.  If the FB massage isn't read, then I can delete it. Once it has been opened, it won't delete.  I may just have to delete this new version and try to get the old one back.

I had the same problem. A battery pull solved it for me.

Contributor

Thanks Agustusmac, that battery pull worked for me!

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I have to say that I have become very annoyed between the freezing and the messages not deleting.  My new issue is that after I do a battery pull due to the phone freezing, all of the FB messages since I bought the phone are restore and all of the apps that I had removed also restore.  It is very annoying since it takes awhile to get the messages to delete.  I have decided to contact my carrier to see what they can do to help or request a replacement phone since this is an issue that now occurs at least twice a day and can happen while I am on the phone.

Retired
My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Hello,

In this case we can try to reload the software on the BlackBerry smartphone to make sure it is running the latest version and there are no issues with the OS.

To do this we would need to back up the BlackBerry smartphone. Please open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and connect your BlackBerry smartphone. Click on the Backup and Restore button and select Back Up. Please note the location where the backup is being saved as we will need to access it later to restore the BlackBerry smartphone.

Once you have backed up your BlackBerry smartphone please follow the link below to complete a clean reload of the BlackBerry smartphone software.

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!