Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Deleting Gmail Emails

Hi All-

Im new to the BBerry so I have a feeling this may have been covered although Ive read all 4 pages to see if the question was there.....I know I have the option of deleting gmails off the "handheld and computer" but that is not the case when deleting something off my gmail on the main computer.  I usually have to go back to the BBerry and delete from there as well.

How can I have things delete from the Blackberry as well when I delete them from my computer?

Any help is much appreciated!!

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: Deleting Gmail Emails

As far as I know, reconciliation like that isn't available yet.  I know that RIM is working on a new and improved way of interfacing with GMail, but until then..... Check out the link below (BGR) for more info, and where I got my info...

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/07/06/enhanced-gmail-plug-in-for-blackberry-currently-in-the-wor...

New Contributor

Thanks for that info.  I was originally told by Verizon to call Blackberry to see if they had a way to communicate with Gmail, but it looks like thats not available yet.  Its so strange because it seems like such a simple thing and something that should have been corrected many many Blackberry's ago.
New Developer

I decided to use the GMail application that you can download from http://m.google.com.  This is much better for organizing your GMail account.  You can even use your tags. 

Anything you do on the phone gets reflected online right away.

The only drawback is that it doesn't do HTML but I've found that the BB Mail didn't handle HTML that well either.  I just leave any of those HTML emails that I do want (most are just advertising) in my inbox and deal with them when I get back to my desk.