Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Deleting a Contact List

Hey, this is OS 6. BlackBerry Torch comes with OS 6.

And no, there is no way to display just a single list. The thing is the list that you create yourself (people you add in contacts yourself) are not part of 'any list' per se.

1. So, if you have one email account (say gmail). All your contacts will come. And now there is no way to separate those gmail contacts from the ones you added on your phone yourself.

2. even if you turned wireless synchoronization off for gmail account, the gmail contact list stays. It doesn't disappear. There is no way to deselect or remove it from the view.

Pressing BB key doesn't give you any such option. Try it and see for yourself.

My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for the info!

I do have a question though, when I type 'rset', it prompts wiping the contact lists (in order shown), and I had 3... first had 6 entries, second had 120 entries (the one I want to save), and third had 0 entries. So I chose yes, no, no. Now I still have 3 contact lists (all named Desktop), and respectively they have 0, 120, and 0 entries. How do I actually delete the list itself? Is there another piece that I'm missing?

Thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

You're a God-send.  Thank you!!  That was the most annoying thing with my Blackberry for years.  I no longer have "Unknown" listed for my contacts list; I only have the Desktop one, which is the default. *sigh*

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8830 curve world edition
My Carrier: verizon

I aware of the rset command getting rid of the duplicate entries, but how do I get rid of the two desktops within address book - options under contact lists.  Actually I ran rset on my bosses device and it removed one of her 2 desktops, but it's not consistent, because I tried this on another user and yes it removed the duplicates, but it did NOT remove the other desktop as it did with my boss.  Any suggestions?

New Contributor
My Device: Z30 (STA100-3)
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

This was an awesome solution to a really, really annoying problem!  I managed to get rid of that stupid Yahoo! contact list without a single hitch using these steps!  Thanks for contributing the info!!

Marcus E. Harris
PIN: 334C9876

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I can't believe I spent 35minutes with Tmobile reps trying to fx this issue and you perfectly explained it in one single paragraph! worked perfectly! many thanks! now if I could only solve my problem with blackberry not deleting emails I delete either on gmail or Mac email program, I would be happy forever and ever.

New Contributor
My Device: 9870
My Carrier: vodaphone

Was very helpful, worked very well. Wish i had searched this in google, would of save so much time. Good community 

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: orange

Hello, I am new to this forum. On my BB8520, the two contact list named desktop are still there. Upon following your suggestion, I was able to delete the contents of the lists, but not the list it self. The trouble is that all my contacts are in the list that cannot be synchronised, and I have also tried to sned the back up (IPD) back to outlook but no joy. Can you perhaps help me. Thank you

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

@unother:  Thank you so much!  I was trying to figure out how to remove the "unknown" contact list from my options.  I was able to delete the contents but not the actual folder.  Thanks for the "rset" info!

My Device: Storm 9520
My Carrier: Optus

I am trying to reset my contact lists with the "rset" entry, but when I go into my contacts and then options there is nowhere to type anything. Am I going to the wrong place? Is there a contacts somewhere else other than normal. I have a storm 9520.