Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Pearl Flip 8220
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Deleting apps from Bold9900

Some games apps have appeared on my BB Bold 9900. I did not ask for them. I would like to delete them, but highlighting the icon and pressing the BB key does not give the option of deleting. Any help welcome.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Deleting apps from Bold9900

Hello NotEveryman

Are you sure you haven't  Installed those application ?

On your Homescreen Go to Options > Advance Options > Application  Or Options > Application > Third party ( depending on OS version ) Go through that list and verify if that application is on that list . If you find any of those then Highlight that app > Press the Menu key > select Delete . After that perform a Battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , wait for a min. then reinsert it back .

KB10040  :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Super Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Hello, I have them too and the only thing is to delete the relevant service books but somehow they appear again after some period of time.

Regards.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Elite II

Hello kosten4

Are you also have this issue ? When you go to Options > Device > Application Management > Are you able to view those apps on that list ? 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

I certainly did not load the games apps. When I bought the phone last year there were four games already on it. At that time, I managed to delete three of them using a method as described by prince 2012. The fourth one could not be deleted because the options offered did not include "delete", although this choice was available for the other three. There are now four games on the phone once more; I cannot remember exactly whether these are the same or different from the previous ones, but none now offers "delete" as an option. I could just ignore them, but don't like to lose control; who knows what they might be concealing. My experience seems similar to that of Kosten4. Any ideas welcome.

Elite II

Hi NotEveryman

Can you name the ONE application which you're unable to delete ? 

Most important , how many free 3rd party application you have installed in your device ? 

I look forward for you reply .

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Hello prince2012,
No, I can't see them there but they are in the game folders, icons leading to a web pages, where you can download the game from. These are Buble Bash 2 Trial, Who wants to be a milionare, Quitar hero and UNO Trial. Everytime I delete them via the service books, they somehow come again. Smiley Happy

Regards.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Elite II

kosten4 wrote:
Hello prince2012,
No, I can't see them there but they are in the game folders, icons leading to a web pages, where you can download the game from. These are Buble Bash 2 Trial, Who wants to be a milionare, Quitar hero and UNO Trial. Everytime I delete them via the service books, they somehow come again. Smiley Happy

Regards.

Thanks for this update kostan , it was helpful.

If you're unable to find those Games on application management then it is not installed on your device but those are pushed Ads . from any free apps which you already have installled in your device.

When I searched for those Applications I found this ;

So , On your device options > device > Application Management  you have to check if you aleady Installed any free version apps from those vendors , and only way to get rid of those ads. is either update those apps to full version or you have to delete anyone which you think might be responsible  ( Sometime a paid version also push ads , so you have to do the research , start with free version apps , Uninstall One application at a time until you notice those ads ceases )

I suggest the same for user @ NotEveryman .

Try it and keep us updated .

Contributor

Sorry to have been out of the loop. I have now read the posts and the games or ads I have are the same as those found by kosten4 - Who wants to be a millionaire, UNO trial, Guitar Hero 5, andBubble Bash 2 trial..

The free apps I have identified so far are Compass (quite useful) that is made by SRID Games, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube. I have deleted Compass and restarted, but they are still there, undeletable.

Contributor

have now deleted QR Reader Pro (paid for) and Periodic Table (Paid for, useful).