Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Deleting bloatware & restoring Social Feeds & Twitter

While cleaning the AT&T bloatware off my new Torch, I deleted social feeds and twitter. When I go to appworld to re-download them, they are not there. When I visit the myblackberry site and find the twitter app and send the link to my phone, appworld opens up and says the twitter version is not for my device. How can I re-download Twitter and Social Feeds?

Also, I've deleted the vpl service books for various junk like Where, CNN, Fandango/etc... but they eventually keep coming back (usually after I sync with desktop). How do I delete them and make them stay gone?

Thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Deleting bloatware & restoring Social Feeds & Twitter

I can live with the vpl issues....but someone has to know how to re-load/download social feeds. I was able to get Twitter downloaded from blackberry.com, but social feeds is nowhere to be found. Twitter @BlackberryHelp said it could be reloaded from the desktop manager, but I dont see any option to reload it.

thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

I have the same issue. How do we get twitter back into the social feed?!? This seems like an easy fix RIM, please help!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

I figured it out.  Load your Torch with Blackberry Desktop v. 6.0 and update the Blackberry Twitter application under applications.

When I did this, it put Twitter back into my Notifications Screen! Finally!