Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8530/OS Version v5.0.0.734
My Carrier: Verizon

Deleting email accounts

OK....I have sat here almost ALL day and looked through prior posts to hopefully not repeat the same issue but I have not had any luck finding a solution!!

I added a gmail account, a yahoo account, and 2 hotmail accounts to my Curve 8530.

I started having conflict issues with my gmail account so deleted it off my Curve...well the icon is still on my menu, it is still showing as an email account to synchronize my contacts with, and it still shows as an email I can use when sending new emails! If I accidentally use it when composing a new email, of course, it doesn't go through due to the fact that I don't have the account linked to my Curve! It doesn't show in my email accounts list but all of these aspects of it are still on my phone and causing major issues for me!!

Then, I got rid of the yahoo account off my Curve and it is still coming up as an option to synchronize my contacts with as well!

And I cannot figure out how to change the email I want used to synchronize my contacts!

Please help!!

Thanks,

Martha

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Deleting email accounts

Try this -

When you device is POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery. This make a reboot to your device which minor issues with the BlackBerry device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit