Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Deleting email contents on forwarded message

Hi.

I noticed every time I forwarded a message from my BB, I am not able to delete/edit the content. Is there anyway I can edit/delete it?

Thanks a bunch....

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Deleting email contents on forwarded message

No, you can't.

That would defeat the purpose of the 'forward' feature wouldn't it, as well as the security of forwarding an email unaltered.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Not Specified

I have the same question. It's actually quite worthwhile to edit messages that are either forwarded or replied to and editing some of the text.

As an example, in working through an issue for a client there is a lot of back and forth between the vendor and me on the issue. I would like to be able to forward just the resolution to the client and not all the back and forth content as it is sometimes quite long and detailed and not relevant to the client in terms that the client does not really care how we got the resolution, just that there is resolution. Make sense?  I was able to edit content on both replies and forwards on my treo and while I love my new BB, this is one function that the treo seems to have that BB does not have, unless someone can clarify.  I do understand that I can delete the original message when sending a reply, but sometimes I need only part of the message in my reply.  Thanks for any help!

Contributor

agree with flash, that was my concern as well. somebody suggested me to install PD As new program and seemed worked OK. maybe you can d/l it as well
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

verdims wrote:
somebody suggested me to install PD As new program and seemed worked OK.

What is PD?

On the subject, you can easily copy the text you need and paste to the new email... as a workaround. 

Hey--I agree with both of you. But you asked the question above and I answered what you needed, and how it works.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

sorry I mean PD Reply AS New. Here;s the OTA link http://www.pocketday.com/files/pf/pdrn.jad