Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Delivery Failure Message for Delivered Emails

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am using the Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) on my Blackberry Bold. For my office email, I have created a forwarding rule on the server, wherein all emails coming to my office id are fowarded to my blackberry email address. Through this service, I get all emails that are sent on my office id, without having to subscribe for BES. My office email server is running MSExchange 2007.

I am facing a strange problem that I have not got much help on. For every mail that is sent from the office id, the mails are delivered properly to my handset. For all mails that are sent from non-office email addresses, even though the mails get delivered to my blackberry email address, and subsequently to my handset, the sender gets a delivery failure message from the MS Exchange postmaster. The exact error message is in the following format:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

XXXXXX@mobileemail.vodafone.in

Final-Recipient: 
rfc822;XXXXX@mobileemail.vodafone.in
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 <
XXXXX@mobileemail.vodafone.in> rejected Relaying denied

The sender address is postmaster@mycompanyname.com. I have asked my admin to look into this several times, but he is unable to trace the source of this error. We have also tried speaking with Windows Helpdesk and Vodafone Helpdesk, but even they are unable to resolve this till now.

Has anyone else faced this problem? Our office is facing this problem with Vodafone BIS, but users with Airtel connection do not face this issue. Any suggestions/help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Message Edited by bbuser2009 on 03-10-2009 01:18 AM
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Delivery Failure Message for Delivered Emails

Hi ... just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or solution. Does anyone else face a similar problem? Fyi, I am on Vodafone network in Mumbai.