Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Bell

Desktop 6.0 won't connect via Bluetooth to 8330

I have already read the posts on this issue.  I have a supported Bluetooth device (ioGear). I am using Windows XP SP3, I have an 8330 Curve. I have tried the software that comes with the device, deleted it and tried the Windows Bluetooth stack, I have tried disabling the firewall (set an exception).  I keep having the same problem.  My computer sees my device, and my device sees the computer. When I am in DM, and try to connect I will get a brief screen on my BB that says connected to computer then it goes away and I get a message in DM that says the connection can't be made.  No matter what I do, I can not connect in DM.  If I delete everything and start all over, I get just as far, but once I get the message in DM that it can not connect it NEVER connects even though the computer and device are paired.  Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Baffled

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Desktop 6.0 won't connect via Bluetooth to 8330

Hey baffled,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Were you able to establish a bluetooth connection with BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.0?

Also did you did an upgrade from Desktop Manager 5.0 to 6.0?  Or was it a brand new install of 6.0.

Have you gone through all the steps in this article: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB04132

I look forward to your reply.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

I did not have the Bluetooth enabled on Version 5 (I used a USB cable) of the DM software.  My version 6 DM software was upgrade from 5. 

My connector on my Curve is not working, hence trying to set up Bluetooth. 

I did try uninstalling DM 6, and installing DM 5.  Could not get the Bluetooth to work.

I then uninstalled DM5 and re-installed DM6, I followed the instructions in article KB04132.  I am using the windows Bluetooth stack, DM did grab my BB PIN, but when it asks if I want to connect wirelessly to my BB it says DM can not connect to the connected device.

Thanks,

still baffled

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey baffled,

Thanks for the reply.

If you try pairing from the PC to the BlackBerry, do you get the prompt on the BlackBerry to accept the connection?

And does the computer see the BlackBerry perfectly? Is the BlackBerry Desktop Software the only software that has trouble connecting?

If you open BlackBerry Device Manager, goes it appear to have a Bluetooth with a PIN number?

I look forward to your reply.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

I do get the prompt on the BB to pair.  I can send a file from my BB to my PC, but not from the PC to the BB.  I removed the Windows Bluetooth stack and loaded Widcomm. I noticed that I get an error that there are no comm ports available and when I say okay.  They only services I get to choose from are the headset and dial up networking.  All of the services are checked off on my BB.  If I try and select another comm port it only gives me options for comm port 16 and comm port 17.  Not sure how to change this.

Thanks,

My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8220
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I am having this same problem after upgrading to Desktop Manager 6.  When using version 5 I was able to connect via bluetooth to the Desktop Manager program and sync my organizer as well as use my cell phone to teether.  The bluetooth connection still works fine between my Blackberry and other aspects of my computer, it just will not connect with Desktop Manager.  When I start Desktop Manager I get the prompt that a bluetooth connection was found and asked if I want to allow Desktop Manager to use the connection. I accept.  However, then I get an error that the connection could not be made and that my Blackberry device is turned off or the batter is dead (which neither is the case).  I have removed the pairing between the Blackberry and computer and re-established it.  I have removed Desktop Manager and reinstalled it.  Nothing seems to change the same error message I receive,  

New Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook & Torch
My Carrier: Three

I know this is much later, but I am experiencing the same problem with my 9810 and DTM.  My PC sees my phone via USB and bluetooth, but it just will NOT link to DTM, which is incredibly frustrating, as it is very important that I am able to sync my diary and contacts to and from my phone.

I had no problems with this until quite recently - I have no idea what changed things, perhaps an upgrade on the DTM software?

Why did this thread just drop off with no resolution/explanation?  Does no-one from Blackberry/RIM care about their customers?  It's astonishing!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

bazza99 wrote:

Why did this thread just drop off with no resolution/explanation?  Does no-one from Blackberry/RIM care about their customers?  It's astonishing!

We shall start there...this site has nothing to do with any formal support from anyone...refer to this information posted at the top of every page on this site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

bazza99 wrote:

I know this is much later, but I am experiencing the same problem with my 9810 and DTM.  My PC sees my phone via USB and bluetooth, but it just will NOT link to DTM, which is incredibly frustrating, as it is very important that I am able to sync my diary and contacts to and from my phone.

I had no problems with this until quite recently - I have no idea what changed things, perhaps an upgrade on the DTM software?

Here is the list of troubleshooting articles...hopefully something will be useful:

• http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Desktop-Software/Tips-for-getting-BlackBerry-Deskt...
  • KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
  • KB28457 BlackBerry Desktop Software is unable to detect the BlackBerry Smartphone due to administrative permissions
  • KB28458 BlackBerry Desktop Software is unable to detect the BlackBerry Smartphone when user account control is enabled
  • KB28459 BlackBerry Desktop Software is unable to detect the BlackBerry Smartphone when a full version of Roxio® Media Manager is installed 
  • KB28456 BlackBerry Desktop Software is unable to detect the BlackBerry Smartphone when USB selective suspend setting is enabled
  • KB28444 The BlackBerry smartphone is not detected by BlackBerry Desktop Software when connected by USB to a USB hub or a docking station
  • KB28443 BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot detect the BlackBerry smartphone when it is connected via USB
  • KB02640 Troubleshooting USB connections
  • KB15486 Top 10 BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry Desktop Manager troubleshooting tips
  • KB00125BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot detect the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB11439 BlackBerry Desktop Software does not detect the BlackBerry smartphone when it is connected
  • KB00019 No PIN displayed in BlackBerry Desktop Redirector
  • KB10938 "USB charging current is insufficient" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB01451 How to turn on advanced synchronization logging if a wired synchronization fails
  • KB19717 The BlackBerry smartphone is not detected as a USB Mass Storage Device when connected to a computer
  • KB16310 Media Transfer Protocol and the BlackBerry Storm smartphone
  • http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Desktop-Software/Desktop-Manager-quot-disconnected...

Also, check that you are using only root USB ports...no hubs (sometimes the front-side ports are hubs...use a rear USB port). And make sure to try disabling USB power management in your system configuration (Device Manager).

Also check on conflicting software...it has been reported that the software package NTI Shadow&Ninja can cause a conflict; removing them and reinstalling the BB desktop software allows it to install correctly.

Apologies in advance if this is redundant -- there's no way to be sure if you've already seen and tried these. Also apologies if any are not presently available...RIM takes them up and down at will as they revise things.

Hopefully something there is helpful!

Otherwise, perhaps this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook & Torch
My Carrier: Three

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

I guess I overlooked the peer-to-peer message, but was assuming the earlier responses from "ViciousFerret", the BlackBerry Technical Advisor were 'official' Blackberry responses?

I have tried most, but not all, of your suggestions, so looks like a few more wasted hours to try to resolve this!  I do not game on my PC, so it's unlikely to be that conflict - but my son occasionally sneaks onto it, so will check that out too!

I'll report back if any of these work, to give you virtual hugs and kisses......

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

bazza99 wrote:

I guess I overlooked the peer-to-peer message, but was assuming the earlier responses from "ViciousFerret", the BlackBerry Technical Advisor were 'official' Blackberry responses?

VF is indeed a BlackBerry person who participates from time to time. But no responses on this site, regardless of who they come from, should be considered "official", for this is not an "official" channel (all spelled out in detail in the Ts and Cs of the site). Posts from BB folks may well be helpful and quite useful, but should not be considered "official".

Everyone who participates here, including those BB folks, try their very best to keep up with things. But, this is not a formal "trouble ticketing system"...so no alarms, alerts, or any other automated notifications come to anyone regarding threads that are not closed, have new questions, etc. It is up to the person seeking the information to follow up if they do not receive an adequate answer. Everyone who volunteers here has lives to live as well, and sometimes things just fall through the cracks...if it were an official "trouble ticket system", such would not happen...but it is not such.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................