Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Desktop 6 and Missing Add-in function

I've had a similar problem. I removed 6.0 and went back to desktop 5. the add-ins still won't sync! they used to work perfectly! I uninstalled and reinstalled them both on the desktop and the BB to no avail. In the desktop manager add-in page there are little red marks in the upper left corner next to each add-in. How do I get this to work again??

New Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Manager version 6, DataVault add-in

Tried it. Didn't work for me. Went back to desktop version 5 and now it isn't working there either!

My Device: 9550

Same problem with DataVault and BB Manager 6.

I downloaded DataVault Windows Desktop v4.7.1

and everything works again!

New Contributor

Mine's working now too. I had to redownload everything and re-install.

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

Well, after a complete inability to get Datavault working again after updating BB desktop 6 again, Ascendo sent me a link for a 4.72 version, and that has workedSmiley Happy

http://www.ascendo-inc.com/ota/beta/win/DataVaultDesktop.exe

back to syncing (with BB Desktop 6.00.42 ... I don't have the heart to again try updating)

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone (UK)

Hi

I have been through the same sequence of events with BB DT 6 and Ascendo DataVault.  The Add-Ins section just was not there in BB DT.

My answer turned out to be simple ... 

I uninstalled the BB DT and the BB Updater – I also deleted the ‘Research In Motion’ folder in C:\Program Files.  I also ran CCleaner and tidied up the registry. I then reinstalled the BB DT and the Add-Ins section appeared!  DataVault synced successfully after that.

Probably best not to update BB DT, just download the new version and remove all traces of the old one before installing.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Giffgaff

Re: Desktop 6 and Missing Add-in function

After much misuse of the Anglo-Saxon language, I found that Desktop Manager 6.1 needs to be installed (and the PC restarted) before installing the add-in. I restarted the PC for good measure after installing the add-in, then started the add-in (in this case, CompanionLink Synchronize) BEFORE starting the BB Desktop Manager. After a brief flurry of activity, the Add-in button appeared in the left-hand menu. 

It seems that the Add-In feature only appears when Desktop Manager 6.1 detects an already-running add-in?

BB definitely need to sort this properly...