Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Manager version 6, DataVault add-in

Sorry, but your solution of going back to version 5 of the Blackberry Desktop did not work.  I even went back to verison 4.6.  Your support sent me DataVault version 4.7.1 - and that version did not work either.  If I wipe everything (uninstall DataVault and Blackberry Desktop) and then retry, I end up with the error message - "Library Not Registered" the first time I try to sync (irrespective of the Blackberry Desktop Version and then it just skips Datavault when attempting to sync subsequently.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650

I agree completely and am having the same problems except I actually had it working until I saw this thread and tried to upgrade to the Desktop to 6.0.  Originally everything was syncing without issue.  I upgraded to the 6.0 desktop and didn't realize there was a problem until my Tour had trackball issues and I upgraded to the Bold 9650.  I went to check a password one day and realized I had nothing but an empty DataVault. After trying everything I could think of I wrote to Ascendo, downgraded to Desktop 5.0 and everything was syncing fine.  Then I saw this thread and thought “hey they fixed the problem”.  I upgraded to Desktop 6.0 and now it no longer syncs. For now I'll just try and remember to change or add info to both the desktop and device.  However I don't find this to be acceptable. I paid $30 for this app because it was suppose to sync and I won't even go into how much I've spent on BlackBerries.  Come on guys you want our money, deliver what you are suppose to!

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

To be clear, the solution that worked for me was uninstall both bb desktop 6 and DataVault, the install bb6 first, then install datavault 4.71, and launch bb desktop as admin. that combo worked ok.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Bold 9700

Re: Desktop 6 and Missing Add-in function

The solution "rad11" described (run BB Desktop as an administrator) also doesn´t work in my case, still the same problem.

Maybe it is in this case related to the 64-bit version of Win7, who knows?

I will contact Ascendo, maybe they have a solution, at least an explanation.

Regards, Herbert

New Contributor

Well rad11 you were correct, that did work for me as well.  Needless to say I was just a little nervous about losing all my passwords in the process.  Deleted both, loaded Desktop 6.0 then datavault. Ran DM as administrator, checked the add-in box for datavault, set up the organizer sync and let her rip.  All my data synced up fine.  Even shut both off, changed some data and resynced, still worked great.  Thanks for your help.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket (yes, Android)
My Carrier: AT&T

It isn't the 64-bit version of Windows 7, because I am running that, and it works fine.

There seem to be lots of different behaviors of DM 6 with or without DataVault. Add DataVault in, and it only gets worse.

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

I have two identical computers (work and home). The BB desktop version 6.0 at work allows add ins - and handles DataVault very well.  The BB desktop version 6.0 at home will not handle add ins at all.  I have tried repairing my home desktop version, but it doesn't fix the problem. ???

New Contributor

I followed "rad11" instructions:

To be clear, the solution that worked for me was uninstall both bb desktop 6 and DataVault, the install bb6 first, then install datavault 4.71, and launch bb desktop as admin. that combo worked ok.

And they worked perfectly.  I'd recomend backing up DataVault under file on the DataVault Desktop and deleting both DataVault and DM 6.0. Reload them exactly as rad11 said. It worked perfectly for me.

Good luck

Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

Having come back to this board after posting right at the beginning withthe same problems everybody else experienced after I did and then going back to Desktop 5 which worked fine with Datavault I decided to give Desktop 6 another try. I experienced the same problems as users above, ie v6 synchronises organiser data ok but will not sync with Datavault v4.7.1. The add in is there but the "configure" box is greyed out and the program tries to sync but doesn't. I tried your fix of running as administrator but the BlackBerry will not connect even though it does by opening Desktop 6 as normal. The device opens as a separate drive so the connection is there as you can see the files on the BB from the pc. I don't want to go all the way back to Desktop 5 again having come this far so does anybody have any idea how I can get this to work? I feel as if I'm nearly there!

Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have found a work around! The problem seems to be with Windows 7. By setting both Desktop v6 and Datavault v4.7.1 to run in administrator mode (right click on the icon, then properties, then Compatibility) and also to run in Windows XP Service Pack 3 you can get the sync to work but only by clicking separately on "SYNC" in the add in screen. It is a bit hit and miss though as the sync does not always work in both directions so you have to check carefully. Seems to work better from the device to the pc rather than the other way round!