Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager 4.3 Sync Attempt Calls for Internet

New BB user using a Blackberry Curve 8330. Have installed Desktop Manager 4.3 (multiple times) and attempted to synchronize Outlook contacts and calendar but DM always comes back with the message 'Your computer must be connected to the Internet in order to initially configure synchronization settings. Please ensure that you are able to connect to the Internet and try again.' The desktop on which DM is installed is connected to the Internet already.

Other support sources have suggested re-installing 4.3 (done from CD and online, device connects OK after installation but synchronization always get the result described above) or installing 4.2 (done but the device would not connect at all).

Would appreciate any advice. I'm running Windows XP, Outlook 2003 SP3 and IE7. Thanx...bob

Re: Desktop Manager 4.3 Sync Attempt Calls for Internet

I myself am having the same issues.  Did you ever get a resolution to your problem?

New Contributor

Lots of views of the posting. Yours was the first response. It would seem no one has any idea what is going on with this. ..bob

Likewise:  In the past with an older corporate BB, I was able to get my corporate Lotus email yet upload my contacts and calender from my home MS Outlook 2003  With my new corporate BB8330 uploaded with our corporate Lotus email, I can't figure out how to upload Outlook 2003 contacts and email from a standard Dell running XP.  I have tried both the enterprise load and internet load with no effect.  The BB software seems to take way to long to load as well.  the Roxio media load is particularly bad.

So much for being a 'smartphone'

New Contributor

I agree completely about the 'smart'phone aspect of this. I opened a ticket for this and they had me reloading this software multiple times and resetting the BB...even to the point of removing the battery. They even suggested I have a problem with my PC...a standard HP system running XP...but I indicated I wasn't going to call HP about an apparent bug in their software. If I ever get this working, I will post the solution here. Thanx for your note...bob
New Contributor

Kevin...have some good news and some bad news. I took my desktop in for a tune up/clean up to a technician I know. He cleaned a lot of stuff off using Spybot. The good news is that the sync now works in Desktop Manager. The bad news is that I have no clear idea why because I've no idea exactly what he's done. One side effect of the clean up is that the AVG Firewall I was using no longer starts and I have to use the Windows Firewall instead. Could you be using AVG as well? ...bob
Highlighted
New Contributor

Check out my latest reply to Kevin. This might apply to you as well...bob