Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve 3g
My Carrier: att

Re: Desktop Manager 6.0 Crashing

Please see my post below, I am running this on Window 7 64 bits and it appears to be working after disabling the Windows Presentation Font service as per a .NET developers forum.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telcel

Sorry to ask, but, how's that?

Can you tell me how to do it<'

Thanks

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: att

I have a AT&T Torch 9800 6.0 OS with an HP laptop Windows 7 OS.  I am running DM 6.0.2 (previous version was 6.0.1).  DM worked fine for several months.  Without any warning or changes, my DM 6.0.1  stopped working at startup - it just froze, repeatedly.  I recently searched across the web for a solution.  I uninstalled/reinstalled DM 6.0.2 using www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206 , restarted my laptop multiple times, disabled a variety of startup programs, etc.  In short, I have done everything possible, from simple to complex, and DM still freezes on startup.  Any help is appreciated.   

My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

After working with Blackberry technical support and trying everything they could think of, we determined this was a problem with the installation of the .Net Framework on my PC. I called Microsoft support and worked with a technician on uninstalling then reinstalling all the frameworks.

THAT FIXED THE PROBLEM!!!!

One of the frameworks - I think it was 3.0 - was acting strangely during the reinstall and running in the background, which may have led to the initial problem. But, the BB software works fine now after the re-install.

I hope this helps someone!!!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Bell

Hoorah!

Finally after upgrading the Desktop Manager to version 6.1, the desktop manager works with my Blackberry Bold 9000.  My BB is at v5.0.0.681.

Now my dillema is to upgrade the BB device driver to the latest version. When I try to run Wireless Update on the phone as suggested on the online help, I get an error "Unable to send request for available update".

Slowly I have started realizing why people are running away from Blackberry and adapting iPhone or other smartphones. Because many applications are soooooo easily available or upgrade is much more easy.

patel90
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

I just installed the latest update to Blackberry Desktop Manager 6.0, Bundle 1741. To my surprise and relief, IT WORKS on Windows 7, on my 32-bit Sony laptop. Finally, I can back up my files easily.

New Contributor

I found a newer device driver v5.0.0.1137 multi-language at this link.  I am going to install and try to upgrade my BB Bold 9000.

http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/devices/

One thing still puzzles me is that Blackberry Desktop Manager is now at version 6.1 and device drivers are still at v5.0.0.xxx.  Should it be the other way around, meaning the device driver should be upgraded even before the Desktop Manager software.  The best approach should be to upgarde the BBDM and device driver versions simultaneously.

patel90
New Contributor

How confusing!

I did not know that the version numbering has too many knotts.  My device driver is v5.0.0.681 (Bundle 1137, Platform 5.2.0.64).

BB, CAN YOU MAKE THE VERSIONING MORE COMPLEX THAN THAT???

I have spent my whole life as a software architect, but have never come across so muh confusing version number scheme.

Just now I realized that my BB Bold 9000 has the latest device driver software. Thats why on the web and wireless Check Updates showed No Updates.  I think the wireless update should indicate "No new updates available" instead of failing, which was the main reason for my continued post.

patel90
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

I have a related problem. MY DTM shows an error connecting, though everything works normally(other than a very slow start up.) This happens on my XPSP3 machine and Vista laptop. It seems strange Blackberry have no means of dealing with this kind of progamming problem. (the help desk did not want to know!)
My Device: Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

It seems to me that you need the latest device drivers for blackberry and the device manager in order to use the latest desktop manager. I have the same issue as you guys and I tried all the fixes but nothing worked. I NOTICED that my device drivers and device manager versions were not aligned with each other (different versions). So im aligning them up, currently downloading them, reinstall and I will report back. I will use all the latest as common sense tells me they all work with each other so everything must be latest. note the versions and language of my installers. -- BRB