Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Desktop Manager 6.0 Crashing

That link won't work
We're Sorry... You've entered this page in error because you have the incorrect link. Please make sure that you have the correct link to download BlackBerry software. If you have any questions, please contact the webmaster.
Use www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do instead and use the dropdown to select Desktop Software service pack one.
New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

Finally, Joy!!!  After trying all KB solutions and posted suggestions, something worked.  I used ccleaner on the registry.  Then downloaded a clean copy of v. 5.0.1 from https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22&dl=...

After going through all the install screens, I could finally sync again.  Whew....

I can't seem to find the post about using ccleaner but a big thanks to whoever posted success with it.

Now, I will only download v. 6 after the next iteration has been out several months.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Surely with so many crashes and failures to open there is something wrong with the software.  After multiple reloads the software still fails to even open.

WHen will an update be issued?

New Contributor

Forgot to include: when going thru the install for v. 5.0.1, I did not select Roxio & Media Manager...may or may not have had an effect.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks!  I'll give it a try!  At this point, I've got nothing to lose!!  Will I not be able to use the video function on my phone?  Is that what you're saying?

New Contributor

When you go thru the install screens for Desktop Manager 5.0,1, you will be asked whether you want to install Roxio & Media Manager on your desktop.  The first several times I tried to install, I said yes to both.  The last time, the successful reinstall, I said no.  You evidently have the option to install these programs later.  My concern was syncing with Outlook & not with media/music files.  I really do not use those BB functions.   Good luck!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800 Torch
My Carrier: att

go back to version 5, it doesn't work great, but it works which is more than I can say for DM6.  I'm still amazed that someone hasn't lost a job over this yet.  this is by far the worst software I've ever tried to work with.  maybe RIM should recruit apple software developers to get the job done.  at least their programs work.  I'm not an apple lover by any means, I love my phone it's the software that sucks.  you would think that they would have a fix by now if they knew what they were doing. 

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650

This isn't bad enough for someone to lose a job over.....doesn't seem to be very widespread
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve

It is VERY BAD, and it is WIDE SPREAD, and it is CRIPPLING ....

Bugs like these do happen, resolution get to be worked on far more forcefully by most vendors.

RIM is asleep... the only fix for most people is to downgrade to version 5.01.  UNACCEPTABLE, but if, like me, you absolutely need to synchornise with Outlook 2010, you're toast.

So please, show a bit of solidarity to all of us who BADLY STUCK - and feel the pain in our jobs.... there is nothing to be gained by minimizing the impact of this bug.

What I cannot COMPREHEND is this ... if DM version 5 works for most people (won't support Outlook 2010 but at least it runs and installs!).... why can RIM not compare all the changes they made to understand what would  cause the application to NOT EVEN INSTALL !!!!!!   Or locate the possible source of conflicts.  DM 5 works, DM6 does not ... spot the difference!.... And DM5 clearly does not run into any driver or HW conflicts!  What calls is DM6 making exactly that DM5 does not make?

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650

I'm not minimizing it....i just don't think it's worth a job. My opinion Smiley Happy I believe it has something to do with the the media sync feature as that is where my insufficient memory starts popping up. The real issue is only doing a 6 day limited beta and then releasing to a general audience. Should have longer and had more participants for this bug to have Been caught. But even then, 6 days would not have given them enough time to find a fix.