Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Desktop Manager 6.0 Crashing

SAME thing here! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have two laptops, one it installed just fine (Vista) and the other one (Windows 7 Netbook) it did not!

The netbook has 1.33ghz, 2.0GB ram, 250GB HDD and it will install but not launch.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarted computer, running in compatibility mode, nothing.

When I go to launch the program it says almost immediately after: "blackberry desktop software has stopped working"

My computer specs meet the criteria!

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

I searched the entire log and there is no mention of the word fatal.  Yes, it does crash with the normal "Blackberry Desktop Software has stopped Working" and "Windows is searching for a solution" followed by "Close Program".

Jim

New Contributor

I uploaded my full log to my website as it only allows 200,000 characters on the forum:

http://banggraphics.com/Desktop.log

There is the word fatal in the log numerous times.

My Carrier: Singtel

not able to find the log folder in my vista. tried the registry key but still having the same error:

Blackberry Desktop Software has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

when i choose debug with my VS2008 this is what i get:

System.TypeInitializationException was unhandled
Message: The type initializer for '<Module>' threw an exception.

New Contributor

To find your log in Vista

1. Go to Folder Options in Control Panel

2. View > Show Hidden Files and Folders

The path you will find the log will be in:

Computer > HDD (C: Name) > Users > (User Name) > AppData > Roaming > Research In Motion > Blackberry Desktop > Logs > Desktop.log

My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

Same problem here, except that it waits until I'm half way through backing up the phone. I am running XP SP3 with plenty of hardware for the program. I am using a Bold 9650 from sprint.  I will check the crash text file for anything labeled "fatal" when I get home tonight.

I am not getting any errors when I try to use the software, just the system freezes and will no longer respond.  I let the computer sit for about 2 minutes without any further progress and was forced to push the reset switch to reboot.  Tried same process again with the same result.  My software installed correctly (I think) and started up at first correctly--it asked me to setup my "new" device and I selected backup weekly when the phone is connected to the desktop manager, after that the desktop manager started backing up my blackberry and about 90% through the backup process the screen started flickering and a couple seconds later froze completely with no responce from the mouse or CTRL+ALT+DEL

Contributor

just installed on a new windows 7 notebook without any problem.

my vista still having the same problem.

JustinGTP: i got to the Research In Motion folder but i dont see any "Blackberry Desktop" folder. there is only a "Blackberry" folder in there but i cant find any logs folder in that blackberry folder.

New Contributor

This is as far as I get:

2848i47C9ADC1195D5348

RIM has folders in a few different places. The root I gave was the same on my 7 and Vista platforms.

2849i4657E34F880B8E63

i think it's alright. based on the path that should be the right one. anyway, since i manage to get the error message out with the debugger, they should be able to test it out and find out the actual cause of the error.