Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Orange

Desktop Manager 6 - Intellisync:Unknown Error

[ Edited ]

Help - I have XP Pro Service Pack 3 installed - DM 6 finds the BB OK but will not sync and returns an Intellisync: Unknown Error - the device is shown on the DM and I can back up. I have tried the "clean uninstall" but clearly this is not clean as when DM is relaunched my BB device is shown as disconnected so the phone information must be stored somewhere. What other files need deleting manually? This is beyond frustrating.....

PS: As a follow-up I tried renaming the Intellisync folder (CSmiley Tonguerogram Files/RIM/..) the Configure Settings runs without returning an error but there is nothing to configure..... I guess from this the issue lies in the Intellisync folder itself but I can't identify what file is causing the issue.

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Desktop Manager 6 - Intellisync:Unknown Error

I have the SAME EXACT problem and have tried the same things.  I've also spent two whole days speaking to different people at Sprint and no one has any answers that work for me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Desktop Manager 6 - Intellisync:Unknown Error

Hi, I have given up on DM6 and Blackberry support has been non-existent - my only solution was to do an uninstall of DM 6 (inc ticking the remove all settings box), deleated the RIM folder under C:/Program Files, and under Common Files, running a register editor (I used registry mechanic) but there are others, and finally going into the Registry to delete remaining RIM and Blackberry entries.  I then installed DM 5.0 Multi-language and that work fine - good luck, P