Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Desktop Manager 5 crashes after install and uninstall DM 6 - I need redirector!!

Hi ViciousFerret,

Thanks for your support.  Very helpful and deserves many kudos Smiley Happy

My question:  I also use redirector which is part of Desktop Manager 5.x and want to know if it will work with my 9700 if i upgrade the OS to 6.  Also, with the sync feature in DM5 (addressbook, calendar, pad, tasks) work with the new OS on my 9700.

if not, what if i get a 9780 or 9800?  A really need to keep redirector working.

I have Outook 2007.

thank you
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Desktop Manager 5 crashes after install and uninstall DM 6 - I need redirector!!

Hey mypearl,

Sorry about the delay in replying.

The BlackBerry 9700 will work with BlackBerry Desktop Software 5.x with any version of the OS.  However with the BlackBerry 9800 it might work, but you should use Desktop Software 6.0 if you get a Torch.  

So if you want to play it safe I would get a 9700 if you need to use BlackBerry redirector.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you.  Got a 9700. It with came with OS 5.0 but will be upgrading to OS6 tomorrow. 

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Desktop Manager Does Not Recognize That Blackberry is Connected via USB

BB 9700 OS 6.0

Macbook Pro

T-Mobile 

I recently upgraded to OS 6.0 and things on the Blackberry seemed fine, however the Desktop Manager on my Macbook Pro fails to recognize my Blackberry now.  I uninstalled the Desktop Manager and old versions of 'the Missing Sync' but it still doesn't recognize the Blackberry.  

When I connect the two together via the cable, I get the swirling icon in the bottom left corner of Desktop Manager saying 'Connecting', but it never succeeds.  The face of my BB also indicates that the two are connecting.  

Also, when I select the option on the BB about connecting thru the USB cable, my MacBook recognizes the BB and I can search it's files.  

Desktop Manager worked on the old OS and I would love for it to resume working. If the two aren't compatible, I would go to one of the alternate syncing programs as I like 6.0 and would rather keep it.  

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey Jopolo,

T-Mobile does not have BlackBerry 6 available yet for the 9700.  Are you using a beta version or a different version?

I would suggest going back to the previous version of OS until your wireless provider has BlackBerry 6 available.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks.  I like the improvements with 6.0 though and don't want to go back.  I was wondering if I should pick up the newest version of Missing Sync or one of the non-rim brands of mac-to-bb software products.  oh, and I have 6.0 Bundle 1723, (6.0.0.424) I think came from wind Mobile.  I believe I found it on a crackberry link.  As I said, everything went fine, my PC recognizes it and DM works fine.  It's just most of my day is on a mac and syncing calendar & contacts is helpful.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Att

My Torch 9800 (At&t; XP; PC; Outlook 2002) has synced fine for several months.  Suddenly Desktop Manager 6 (came with device from Att)  does not recognize the device via USB.  Any suggestions re: causes or troubleshooting?  Thanks!

New Contributor

OK, I remembered to try something simple first: a reboot (battery out / in).  This fixed it! (Unrecognized 9800 Torch).  Thanks all!

Robkat

New Contributor

RobKat,

I thought I'd pulled the battery enough times but after reading your post decided to give it one more shot.  TaDa!!!  Everything works again, Desktop Manager is syncing and OS 6.0 is running great.  Thanks for the suggestion. 

New Contributor

Jopolo-

Thanks for sharing that.  Glad the suggestion helped.  BB should suggest a "reboot" in its Desktop Manager check-list for "unrecognized devices."  Sometimes we forget the easiest fixes.