Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9530 Storm
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Desktop Manager Hangs since v6.0.0.43 loaded

I just wasted another hour trying to sync my BB 9530 with MS Outlook (v2003 on laptop with XP SP3) when the BB Desktop v6 hung several times during launch.  I just downloaded the old v5 desktop and will install it now.  My BB is 2 yrs old, I am in the mkt for a new phone. Given the sync issues, along with poor battery performance, it is hard for me not to move to Android ASAP.  I love BB, but that was due to steady performance and high reliability.  Without those, I am better off with Android's newer phones and more apps.

I'll try rolling back to the v5.0.1 b82 to see if the Desktop Manager will sync like it used to as an interim fix. 

Does anyone know how to make v6 run? 

(If not, I am outta here and I will see how Android or iPhone sync.)      Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: 9530 Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Desktop Manager Hangs since v6.0.0.43 loaded

Successfully removed v6 Desktop Manager and rolled back to v5.  Works as expected - syncs between Outlook and Storm without hanging.

Why would a broken version be released?

Anyway, solution seems to be to hold onto the software version that actually works.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Desktop Manager Hangs since v6.0.0.43 loaded

I tried the latest version also. After reinstalling it a couple of times I deleted and went back to the previous version.  For no apparent reason it would quit connecting to phone and would not connect until reinstalled.

Junk in my opinion.

Steve