Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager / Media Manager Kills Email

Hi I am having a repeat problem with my Blackberry Curve, which receives email through a BES.

It seems that whenever I open my Desktop Manager, and then use the Media Manager to transfer pictures off the device, once I am finished and close up the programs,my blackberry stops receiving email to the device for several hours.

Ive gone back in and checked to make sure the Redirector Settings are still correct (I never leave the Desktop Manager open on my desktop and rarely use it at all, only once ever few weeks to xfer pics) and they always are, but I just cant receive any email again for hours.

Any ideas?  Thanks for your time.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Desktop Manager / Media Manager Kills Email

after you have removed the plug, do you keep the Media application opened ?
In that case, the Blackberry needs time to index all the new media files you've fed it with. It can take a long time, but it's just once per file.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

No after I disconnect the Curve I shut down both media manager as well as the desktop manager.

Also I am not adding photos to the device, I am removing them to my PC hard drive from device memory...

Guru I

are these pictures on the internal memory of your Blackberry or on the memory card that is inside the Blackberry ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I believe internal memory - dont think i have a memory card
Guru I

that's bad unless you have a Bold.
How many pictures are there left ?
what is the total size of these pictures ?