Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Desktop Manager Software will not detect Blackberry Curve 8330

This is messed up. I just cannot get my Blackberry (Curve) with Verizon to be detected by the Desktop software. I tried all 6 USB slots on my PC, did a clean uninstall (including wiping the registry keys), re-installed 4.3 and nothing. Did another clean un-install and installed 4.5 and still nothing.

My Blackberry connects in Mass Media Storage and I can move files to and from just like its another hard drive but I want to sync and use the program loader etc. I even tried the versions with and without the media manager software and no luck. 

I was desparate and I even download the Pocketmac software to my iMac and same thing, cannot detect device. 

It charges from the USB. I click on the PIN line in Desktop Manager and it asks where its connected, USB is selected and nothing. Kind of sad, for me, that I spent about 4 hours already trying to get this working.

Anyone have any ideas I haven't tried yet?

New Contributor

I am having the exact same problem (Desktop Manager not detecting my 8330).  I've done many (if not all) of the things describe by all of you.  In addition, I've even had verizon send me a new phone (as their tech support finally assumed it was a problem with the phone after trouble shooting it with me for over an hour). 

I received my new phone last week, and Desktop Manager detected it immediately and I successfully synced it...once!  But now today, I plug it in to sync, and once again no detection!!!  And this is a brand new 8330.  I'm at a complete loss.

Did you or anyone ever figure out a fix for this? 

New Developer

I haven't gotten the situation resolved yet. I am on my 3rd Curve from Verizon, I even went to their repair center and they couldn't figure it out. They gave me this 3rd phone, tried it at their center and it worked once, before I left we tried it again and it didn't work. Right now I have an open ticket with Verizon and a 50% credit on my bill until its resolved or they will give me the option after 30 days to take a different model phone or live with the shortcomings of the crappy Blackberry Desktop Manager.

Blackberry support couldn't find the solution and kept referring me to Verizon saying its a setting from the carrier messing it up. Right now I think Blackberry just can't fix their own software and don't have to worry too much about it since it does work for some people while the others they just push off to the carriers to try to fix their problems, IMHO.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Please see if this discussion is pertinnent to your problems

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&thread.id=1317&view=by_date_asce...

You also may think about resolveing this and posting on the Blackberry for Mac page on the forums!

Please let me know,

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

I'm still stuck with my "no detection" issue  I'm on my second 8330 with this same problem.  Just got off the phone yet again with Verizon and this time with Blackberry too.  After all the troubleshooting, (different cables, different computers, uninstalling, re-installing, etc.)  Blackberry finally diagnoised it as a device problem.  So Verizon is shipping me a 3rd phone.  Last time I got the new phone, DM detected it, synced all of my contacts and appointments perfectly ONCE, but then never detected it again.  I seriously hope that does not happen with this new one they are shipping me.  Wish me luck. 

FYI...the gal I spoke with at Blackberry said she looked and they have no other issues/record of this problem for this model (which tells me there are no fixes coming soon). 

Desktop Manager Software will not detect Blackberry Curve 8320

I have a blackberry Curve 8320 and the desktop manager doesn´t recognize it. I thought it was the USB cable but when I conect it the BB starts charging. What can I do??

I downoloaded the desktop manager several times  in several versions and it still doesn´t work. It says no pin conected and I cant even enter my pin number.

Can someone help me please with this.

Thank you very much!! 

New Contributor

Re: Desktop Manager Software will not detect Blackberry Curve 8320

When my company issued me a 8330, i was able to detect and connect successfully as a connection was intended via USB. This was the first and last connection through USB. Same deal with Bluetooth. Bluetooth detects it, but fails to connect. Anyways..

This issue was confirmed by blackberry and that they were working on resolving the issue. as per my company. I don't know  what exactly is causing the connectivity issue,

New Contributor

I just started to experience this issue. It's roughly correlated with upgrading to 4.5. Any resolutions yet? This is incredibly frustrating... I've tried four different computers and none recognize my 8330m.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome!

It is probably advisable to upgrade to the most recent version of the RIM software that your PIM can support. See this KB for choosing that:

• KB12268 Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Manager for synchronization

And obtain the version of DTM you need (5.0.1 is the most recent) from here:

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks, but that didn't solve the problem. I uninstalled the existing software, installed DTM 5.0.1, rebooted my computer and did a battery-pull on the BB, but my BB is still not showing up in the Device Manager or the DTM software. Also, while my BB does charge, it does not otherwise act like it's connected to a computer (an "Enable mass-storage mode" dialog used to usually pop up).