Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Desktop Manager V4.7 Error Code 0x80040057

During sync between the Desktop Manager v4.7 and my Curve (my first BB 1 week old and loving it) I receive error message 0x80040057.  This comes up after trying to sync my contacts.  I have tried to find a listing of error codes on the original CD as well as online but I am coming up blank.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  My other questions have been answered so far by just looking at past postings.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: Desktop Manager V4.7 Error Code 0x80040057

I would try downgrading to 4.6, I've read other people having curve problems with 4.7 too.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

on you PC, where are your contacts ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

To be truthful I don't know where the data is being backed up on the PC.  I am sure there is a default location but so far I have not discovered it.  I have always kept my contacts (around 100) on my cell and never on the pc.  With the purchase of the BB and with the Desktop Mgr I thought it would be a good idea to start backing up the info.

Yesterday I did find out the Google would sync between Gmail and BB so I tried it and it works great and it sync's both directions where it appears Desktop Mgr only goes one way.

Now my question is why should I use Desktop Mgr at all?  Gmail and BB are backing up my contacts and calendar entries so I am wondering if I should work with Desktop Mgr for other reasons?

I would appreciate your input.

Thanks

Woody084

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Google applications are quite powerful today.
you can use Google Mail + Google Calendar and synchronize email, contacts, and calendar events with your blackberry device.

Some people prefer a desktop PIM (personal information manager).

you can use Desktop Manager just for backing up the content of your device.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: