Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager Wont Sync

I am running a Blackberry Bold (9000) with Desktop Manager 4.6 on Windows XP Pro, with Microsoft Office 2007 (if that is relevant). I am using BIS (I think - ie. not an enterprise server).

When I connect my Bold to the computer, Desktop Manager recognises the device (bottom left hand corner states that it is connected with the device PIN number displayed). But when I try to sync, I get the following error message:

"The Computer must be connected to the internet in order to initially configure synchronization settings. Please ensure you are able to connect to the internet and try again."

Only problem is - I AM CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET. It doesnt seem it is a connection problem between the BB device and the computer (because it recognises the device), yet it wont let me sync. This is proving to be a very big problem because I cant sync my contacts or calendar.

I used to use Desktop version 4.2 and that worked - but I want to run the up-to-date software with my PC - we have upgraded our MS Office, so I should be able to run the newer version of Desktop.

Can someone please help me ASAP. thanks.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Desktop Manager Wont Sync

This is a link on your problem, some of the procedures may work for you

If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.