Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

Desktop Manager Wont Work !!!

Desktop manager is installed and when you open the program it appears to launch but then I get an error box saying its stopped working and to close the program.....can anyone help with this...or point me in the direction of a fix for this....its really frustrating as I want to load some pictures onto my phone and cant.....

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Desktop Manager Wont Work !!!

Can you give us some idea of what OS is on your computer (Win 7, WinXP, 32 bit, 64 bit, etc.) and how and which version of DM you installed?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

I am running windows Vista Basic ...and as far as I know it was the DM version from the BB website...I have a disk with my phone but it sends you to a link on a website.....I have also uninstalled and re-installed several times

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

First, you need administrator privileges on the machine. Then when you install you need to right click on the .exe file and select "Run as Administrator."

I would do a clean uninstall using this:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206

Then reinstall using the "run as administrator" method.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

did exactly as you said......tried to open program.....then got message... something has stopped the program working...close program......any ideas please ?
Guru II

Have you turned off any antiviral software you may have?

Contributor

no....should I ?
Guru II

Yes. Then try the install again.

Contributor

ok...uninstalled ...then turned off anti virus...then re installed....its done exactly the same thing......this is probably a stupid question....but the desktop manager should launch without having my phone connected ....and then I connect it once its launched yes ?
Guru II

[ Edited ]

Yes it should. I'm running game out of ideas. Do you know if your Windows OS is 32 bit or 64bit?