Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Desktop Manager crashes during outlook calendar sync

BTW... this so-called solution is worthless... who monitors this board anyhow?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

heavypen : the solution seems to have worked for he original poster. The discussion has been closed so not much people willing to help will read it anymore. I suggest you not hijacking a closed discussion if you want visibility and help. furthermore, I don't understand anything from your last three messages here : once it works, then it doesn't anymore, and finally it's worthless.

for the question about who monitors these boards... you have a link in the bottom right corner of each message that enables you to report abuse to a moderator.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I tried heavypen's solution and it worked. RIM's DM started crashing on me after the first time I synced my BB Curve with Lotus Notes. After deleting the Intellisync folder and re-confiuring DM, it synced again. However this is a tedious process to go through every time I want to sync with my desktop. When I had my Treo, Verizon used Intellisync, too. It also had problems on that platform. One has to wonder why these cell phone companies don't look at better alternatives.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

yogadad : funniest thing with intellisync is that.... it is owned by Nokia !

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Maybe that's the problem - I continue to experience these crashes. The ONLY solution is as I described earlier. I have since talked to RIM - they said that they are aware of the problem and are working on a solution.

So much for closed threads.

;r

New Contributor

Same error, keeps happening even with the latest version of Desktop Manager and after deleting the folder as suggested.  Any more permanent solution (other than migrating to a Nokia of Iphone)?
New Contributor

Sadly, no other solution. I'm a bit stuck with BB - and I continue to have the crashes. The only solution is this clumsy intervention of deleting files and reassigning synch.
New Contributor

It is amazing that RIM is not solving this problem that goes back several years...  Google picks-up pages of posts all-over about this bug.  BTW, I can't synch my calendar even after deleting the BlackBerry folder.  Are you able to?
New Contributor

Yes. I was able to run sync normally. But it keeps crashing and I'm definitely getting tired of deleting folders!
New Contributor

Yes, this bug is unacceptable.  I pre-order a Nokia E75.  Maybe is a good replacement for the BB.  I would go with Iphone but ATT service is terrible.