Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager does not recognize my phone

I just got my new BB 8330 from Sprint on Saturday.  Last night I made an attempt to get my phone conncect to my computer and started off by downloading the Desktop Manager from the CD that was included with the phone.  After the download, I attempted to connect my phone via the USB cable.  The phone would only show it was connected for a few seconds then the connection ICON would disappear.  After about 12 attempts of unplugging and plugging it back in, the connect ICON stayed up (this happens everytime I try to connect the USB cable).  I then went to Desktop Magager, but  no luck.  I would not recognize my phone.  I then thought I would reinstall the most recent version (V4.7) but that still did not work.  I am just stumped and as you well know, Sprint Support is not exactly the most helpful.    Just to give you a lil background on my equipment, I will provide the following:

Spring BB 8330, v4.3.0.127, platform 3.1.0.73

Windows Vista 32 Bit

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: Desktop Manager does not recognize my phone

Try plugging it into a diffrent USB Port.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Contributor

I have tried three different USB ports and I still get the same result.
Highlighted
Contributor

Ok, let me ask someone this....  If I can connect my wifes BB Pearl and the Desktop Manager sees that phone, does that mean something is wrong with the USB connection in my phone?  Is there a setting on my phone I should be checking?  PLEASE HELP.... 

Thanks,

Tim