Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Desktop Manager doesn't recognize device

I had the exact same problem.  When I plugged in my Blackberry, Windows did the whole "finding device" thing, and it asked me to restart the machine.  I usually ignore it, but this time around I found I actually had to restart the computer.

The other thing I had to do is undock the computer.

After I did those two things, the device was found by the Blackberry Desktop Software (when I plugged in the usb).  I didn't even have to select any options that popped up on the phone's display.

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Avtoakustika

Hi all.

I just bought new BB9870. want to use ti with the PC and windows 7, 64bit system.

At first when I connected the BB to PC the desktop manager recognized it, started working and all my USBs freezed and the process didn't finish at all, been waiting for 15 minutes. So I needed to reset the PC. Later i turned off the function in control panel - energy saving - USB Suspend (put it to disable).

Now the desktop doesnt even recognize the BB. but the windows do. They installed all the neccessary drivers but the DM still doesnt do nothing.

I reinstalled the DM, but still nothing. What can I do? Has anybody any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Brimbidi.

I downloaded the desk manager.
I

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: MTN

I pretty much have the same problem. When I open the desktop manager it gives me a pop-up asking to verify the connection to the PC. And it says that my phone is disconnected. I cannot open the options panel or do anything else. I tried to uninstall and reinstall but it did not work. My PC runs on Windows XP and the DM is v  5.0.1

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: CURVE 4 9630
My Carrier: MTN

check the version of the destop manager and try version 5.0 higher 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi,

I have a blackberry torch 9810 I wiped my device using bbsak but when I try to reload the software using blackberry desktop manager it says there are no updates for my phone. I have downloaded every os I can find on the internet none seem to work. I tried going into bbsak and clicked load os it says that it cannot find an os on my computer. When I go into control panel there are multiple os's installed I have installed , uninstalled restarted both the phone and the computer multiple time still nothing seems to work. I have tried installing both os 7 and 7.1, I even downloaded os 6 that seems to be the only os that picks up in bbsak but that wont install on the phone. Please HELP its really urgent I need to get my phone up and running again. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. I have done upgrades already and have wiped devices and put them back on so I am technically inclined but this is the first time something like this is happening

PS. I am using windows 8 don't know if that makes a difference

PLEASE HELP