Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager doesn't run on Vista?

Hi,

Desktop Manager can't run on my Vista. Each time I clicked it, it just flashes with a screen then closes it. Nothing is running.

what might be the problem?

thanks,

steven

Re: Desktop Manager doesn't run on Vista?

I'm running Vista 64-bit on an HP laptop and get a similar problem: every time I open Desktop Manger I get a program box but there's nothing in it, just a white box with the label "Desktop Manager." I've tried opening it in compatability mode but get the same result.

I'm thinking they don't have a Vista compatible version of the software, but I'm crossing my fingers they get one soon...

Highlighted

After trying Desktop Software 5.0 and 4.7 in different states of compatability and them failing, I installed 4.6 (downloaded from here) then restarted and it's working fine. I don't know if it was the restart or 4.6 but I get the full software window, connection to my Curve, and data backup.

Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

I have Desktop v5 with Vista 64 bit and it works, with the occassional synch problem with windows mail (its the pictures for some reason). My new challenge is trying to see how to make everything work in Windows 7 before I install it!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I too can confirm that DTM 4.7, 5.0, and now 5.0.1 all work fine on Vista64. I do not, however, use it for any synchronization...I am on BES, and all of that is OTA for me. But DTM runs fine and displays none of the oddness documented in this thread.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................