Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Rogers canada

Desktop Manager doesn't want to open

When I load my Desktop Manager it crashes before getting anywhere. I first see the BB logo and receive a Windows error, which closes the application. Same happens with unit USB connected. Consequently I cannot see which version I have or check for updates. How can I correct this?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Desktop Manager doesn't want to open

I have the same problem.  Everything was fine until yesterday when I noticed that some of the letters in the word "Blackberry" were missing and synchronization no longer worked.  I assumed that the file was corrupt and uninstalled the Blackberry Desktop Manager, downloaded the latest version, and reinstalled.  Went from bad to worse.  Now the Manager will not even open.  I get a white screen and a "Not Responding" message in the corner.  Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help.  I am running Windows 7.  The Manager version is Version 6, Build 38.  HELP!

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Rogers canada

According to my Readme file in my program list menu, I'm running Blackberry Desktop Software 7.0  

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

I thought Version 7 was still in Beta.  When you go to the Blackberry Rim Website and try to download the Desktop Manager, it takes you to Version 6, Build 38.  I don't think you can download Version 7 from the official website.