Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager for Mac Problem

Hello,

I have a Blackberry Tour that I purchased about 6 weeks ago.  I have not been able to sync it with my computer because I was waiting on the Mac version of Desktop Manager to be released.

I downloaded the software today and tried to sync my phone with my computer.  The contacts sync fine, but the software freezes up every time I try to sync my calendar.  I have several calendars setup in iCal, and I can sync all of them but 1 without any problems.  I've tried syncing them all, and I've tried syncing each one individually.  When I sync that particular calendar it runs for a few minutes, then the bar freezes and I get the beach ball.  When I go to force quit the program it shows that it's not responding.  I have tried checking the box to replace all events on the device, and I've tried syncing without that box checked. 

Please help!

Thanks,

Daniel 

Re: Desktop Manager for Mac Problem

Same problem here. Have a BB Tour. Problems with incomplete sync with PocketMac. Waiting anxiously for a BB solution. Downloaded BB DTM. Tried to sync with my MacBook Pro (OS 10.5.8). iCal, Address Book, Tasks (on iCal) and kept getting the error message referencing solution at "KB19454". Nothing synched. Luckily, no damage to Tour and all data still on Mac, but very leary about trying this product until debugged...esp after reading the nightmare stories from some BB Curve users. How did you get anything to sync at all?
New Contributor

I was able to get my contacts to sync by only selecting them and not syncing anything else at the same time.  I was also able to get some of my calendars on iCal to sync by doing them individually, but there's one that still won't sync.

Whatever you do, don't buy the Mark/Space Missing Sync.  I made the mistake of spending $40 on it, and it locks up every time I open it.  It won't even let me get to an option to try to sync anything.  I emailed the company... No response...  Not happy that I wasted $40 on this software plus the money I apparently wasted on this BB.  I should have gone with the iPhone. 

New Contributor

I have a Curve 8330 and have been able to sync contacts and notes, but the calendar sync freezes 3/4 of the way through.  I have tried to overwrite the blackberry (with a regular and a blank calendar), restarted both device and iMac, uninstalled and reinstalled Desktop Manager for Mac etc.  I just want to sync iCal (not Entourage) to device.  Help!
New Contributor

Update...I completely uninstalled any remaining PocketMac (which never worked) and Missing Sync software then had my first successful calendar sync when I overwrote the Curve calendar with a blank one.  But when I tried to sync with my default iCal events, it still locked up - which left me with no calendar entries on the blackberry.  So I uninstalled Desktop Manager for Mac, and used Missing Sync (thankfully cooperating today) to reload the calendar.  I was hopeful this new software would allow for seamless syncs, but evidently that isn't the case at this point.  I hope RIM offers helpful guidance, quickly. 
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: tour
My Carrier: verizon

I am new to Community Forums but see some similar problems as mine!  I just got a BB Tour using Verizon and have loaded the Desktop Manager disc and have sync'd my contacts and whamo, my mac address book downloaded into the phone!

I would not like to go into my mac and see what contacts are in the Desktop Manager but cannot edit it?  Anyone have same problem and fix???

Skygod

My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

I had the same problem and did two things and got the two to sync correctly.

First, I downloaded the program a second time and ran the installer. (I believe that it was not installed correctly the first time.) It's important that you run through all the steps and that the installer ask you to reboot.

Second, I tried syncing not just the calendar but also some media from iTunes.

When I tried this before, the progress bar zipped through and nothing was synched.

After the reinstallation, it should take about 30 seconds to say "connecting," and then pop up a window saying that you are syncing for the first time. I requested that iCal overwrite the BlackBerry. It took many minutes on the progress bar.

Good luck in repeating the experiment.

-Rajah

My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Does anyone know if RIM has even acknowledged this problem and is working on it? It is not apparent how they allow users to report problems in the first place. This one seems pretty basic - fundamental functionality just doesn't work!